 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1575
Re: Rendering over lan?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 00:36:16 GMT

There is another way, but it's not for the feint of heart. It's distributed
raytracing. People have hacked pov and made it run across multiple machines.
I'm not sure if it's actually been done on Windows OSs yet, bet it has
worked for other people on 'nix platforms. So if you're up for it, you could
set up your machines to dual boot between Linux and Windows, (easy: I've
done it several times) compile the PVM Pov sources, (I didn't have much luck
the last time I tried) and tell us how it works : )

Check out this link::

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pvmpov/

HTH,

-Xanthra47