 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1558
Re: Star Wars related wallpaper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 01:03:34 GMT

Thanks.  The links have been fixed.  The 800x600 render was the original
version.  It's been replaced now.

I did use the radiosity feature.  Great as it is, radiosity will kill
rendering time.  The 1024x768 took 12 hr. 15 min 8 sec.  Probably would
have taken half that without the anti-aliasing.  However, I think the
results of using radiosity are worth the extra time.

Travis Dickinson

Jack Hawk wrote:

Travis,

Nice! I really like the individual renders of the
Tie-Pod. I had to poke around to get the link to work
right from the Wallpapers page though. Did you use the
POV radiosity feature? My jaw drops each time I see
renders using it; some day I'll learn to use it
myself.

I do have one other little nit to pick though: is the
800x600 render supposed to be different? I actually
like the others better. :)

Keep up the good work.

--Jack
AFOL, St. Louis

--- Travis Dickinson <sivar@sc.rr.com> wrote:

Go to the "Wallpaper" section.  Opinions welcome.

Travis Dickinson
http://home.sc.rr.com/sivar/