 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 183
Re: L3PLiTE?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 14:18:42 GMT

Leonardo:

So what test do you run to determine what studs get removed?

  Basically it checks if a stud primitive is close to a "inverted stud"
(the cylinders under a plate for example) or to some predefined points
added by me and remove them. The original idea was to make the bricks
really connect when they get close to each other, but I never got that
far.

So in "every" part you have put a "stud-slot-point" in all
the places where a stud from another part can connect with
this part.

So if a stud on a non-transparent part is at the stud-slot
of another non-transparent part, it is obmitted.

And if there are non-transparent studs at all the stud-slots
of a non-transparent part, it's interior can be obmitted
too.

It could be a bit heavy, but mostly on the computer, and I
think it will work correctly for all "sensible" models.

Good thinking!

Play well,

Jacob

--  E-mail:               sparre@cats.nbi.dk              --