 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 172
Re: L3PLiTE?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 10:33:29 GMT

Tore Eriksson suggested...
How about making a library of very simplified standard pieces and
replace only those standard bricks, plates, and tiles that are not
clear and have no studs or bottom visible?
I know there are some difficulties yet to be overcome, but I think
this could be a way to free up some resources for Datsville and
other heavy projects.

IMHO this should not be limited to POV. If the simple parts were made in
LDraw syntax, you could speed up Datsville in L3Lab (and others viewer) too!
See also http://www.lugnet.com/cad?n=3639

Now, about finding those parts suitable for replacment, that's an interesting task...
/Lars