 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 175
Re: L3PLiTE?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 13:53:45 GMT

Tore Eriksson <tore.eriksson@mbox325.swipnet.se> writes:

How about making a library of very simplified standard pieces and
replace only those standard bricks, plates, and tiles that are not
clear and have no studs or bottom visible?

For basic bricks, slopes, plates and tiles, one could simply remove
the studs and then make the simplified part as the bounding box of
what remains.  This could probably be automated.

If one want more details, the studs could be added again after the
part is replaced by the bounding box.

Is this what you were thinking about?

Fredrik