 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 181
Re: L3PLiTE?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 14:36:55 GMT

Leonardo Zide <leonardo@centroin.com.br> wrote in message
news:38DFDCB4.5948663A@centroin.com.br...
John VanZwieten wrote:

Rather than prompting for replacing parts, the ideal solution would be a
pre-processing program that would render the model from say 100 different
angles, and remove/replace any parts/primitives etc. that never show up.

  I have done something like that for LeoCAD, it removes the studs above
and below the bricks and plates for the rendering. I haven't added this
option for the POV-Ray export but that's something that I can do if you
want.

So what test do you run to determine what studs get removed?

-John Van