 CAD / Ray-Tracing / *2312 (-20)
  Re: Radiosity example (F1 Ferrari) once again

"Nico Kaiser" <nico@siriux.net> wrote in message (...) Are you 100% sure about this? Usually the stair effect is caused by a lack of anti aliasing. Rendering the image at a huge resolution then doing a resize with proper resampling is more or less (...) (20 years ago, 30-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Radiosity example (F1 Ferrari) once again

Am Sonntag, den 26.09.2004, 10:46 +0000 schrieb Jan Folkersma: (...) Well, I don't have a problem with "mixed" models with LGEO elements and standard parts. The big advantage of LGEO is, that the edges are rounded a bit, so you don't need the gap (...) (20 years ago, 30-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Radiosity example (F1 Ferrari) once again

Mine look purhaps abit 'edgy' since I don't like to use the lgeo library. Too many parts are not available and if I combine them with the standard parts it don't look all that good. (2 URLs) first attempt>> This is my first attempt with Nico's (...) (20 years ago, 26-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Radiosity example (F1 Ferrari) once again

(...) Yours look good as well but the edges seem a little "jaggy". Are you using anti-aliasing? The good news is that Nico's setting are a snap to implement. -Orion (20 years ago, 25-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Radiosity example (F1 Ferrari) once again

Aaaarrghh! I thought my renderings were the bomb (URL) galery>> but now I've seen Nico's pictures, I guess I'll have to start all over! :) (20 years ago, 24-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Radiosity example (F1 Ferrari) once again

Am Donnerstag, den 16.09.2004, 12:09 +0000 schrieb Tim David: (...) Yes. But remove the lights as we're working with global illumination here. Ah, and if you like, you can replace the default floor with something better, try to set "ambient 0 (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Radiosity example (F1 Ferrari) once again

Hi Trevor, (...) The full resolution image is available at (URL) 11min + 4h13min (2 passes) on my Pentium 4) The LDR file is at (URL) like I forgot to upload it to the "mpd" folder where all my other LDR files are). Nico. (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Playing around with Colors

I decided to see what my (URL) TC-510> model looked like in different colors. So today I made up a few variations. (URL) That's the only one where I dropped a pilot in there. I also looked at (URL), (URL), (URL), (URL), (URL), and (URL). Which do (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: LPub and white on white

(...) Ah! I didn't realize that submodel level 0 was the "root" level. I guess as my file doesn't really have submodels I didn't think to try these settings. Thanks! And BTY, the link to the installer on you main page says it is for 2202 but it (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: LPub and white on white

(...) The most recently released version of LPub lets you control this: Building Instructions->Submodels provides background color controls for up to four levels of submodels. Submodel level 0 is the top level model in you design. (...) Man I would (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  LPub and white on white

I am trying to use LPub to generate a set of building images where most of the bricks are white. Unfortunately, they blend in completely with the background at the tops of the bricks. I have found the setting for setting a BG colour for the part (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Siggigraph render

No-one seems to have mentioned this yet so I thought I'd post a link (URL) text size on the page is a bit small by default for some reason. The animation is well worth downloading if you've got the speed (80Mb) Tim (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Radiosity example (F1 Ferrari) once again

(...) That looks great, I'm going to steal your radiosity settings! As I'm a bit new to radiosity (I've attempted it a couple of times), do I just paste the contents of your .txt into the beginning of my .pov file? tim (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Problems with lgeo and trans green

Here’s two problems that have been bothering me almost ever since I started raytracing, but now I simply have to have them fixed to get on with my webpage: First one: When I use L3PAO with the Lgeo library turned on (-lgeo –o) the resulting Pov-ray (...) (20 years ago, 11-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Radiosity example (F1 Ferrari) once again

Very nice work! Those radiosity settings are the BOMB. Your Ferrari render is undoubtebly the best render I have ever seen. I'm still debating whether or not it's real :) Could you please send me the high-res version of the image? Thanks. Is the (...) (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Lights on the wall

(...) OK Thanks, I'll remember that (BTW you've forgotten to insert your name as author in MLCad's general settings; a nice thing if you ever want to publish your files...). (...) If you move the model in MLCad and make a new POV-file, you can just (...) (20 years ago, 31-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Lights on the wall

(...) Well, it got me out of the rut with it, and trying different things. (...) The fog mainly. (...) I did it piece by piece. Fortunaltey the pov file was created from an mpd model, so the walls were easy to pick out. All I did was add a 'finish' (...) (20 years ago, 31-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Lights on the wall

Glad it helped, although I'm not quite sure how ;-) (...) Helpfile, fog or diffusion? (...) I guess I have some homework to do, but could you please show or send me the bit of code where you change the brilliance locally (all materials seems to be (...) (20 years ago, 30-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Lights on the wall

(...) I think you're right. (...) That seemed to help. (...) Tried that and it didn't make a lot of difference. (...) Nup. After a bit more reading of the helpfile and trying different things, the one that made the most difference was adjusting the (...) (20 years ago, 30-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Radiosity example (F1 Ferrari) once again

(...) Thanks. Here's my render using your settings: (URL) I love the rubber texture you created. (20 years ago, 28-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact