 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2303
Re: LPub and white on white
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 21:12:43 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Rob Antonishen wrote:
I am trying to use LPub to generate a set of building images where most of the
bricks are white.  Unfortunately, they blend in completely with the background
at the tops of the bricks.

I have found the setting for setting a BG colour for the part images, but not
one for the construction images.

Am I just missing the obvious?

The most recently released version of LPub lets you control this:

Building Instructions->Submodels provides background color controls for up to
four levels of submodels.  Submodel level 0 is the top level model in you
design.

I didn't want to have to edit the POV files maually (or in batch) prior to
rendering, but if that is what it takes....

Man I would not want to have to do that either.

There might be a solution in including POV directives in LDraw objects.... I
remember something on that being posted but can't seem to either find it or
recall correctly.

You're trying too hard.  See above.

-Rob A.

Kevin