 CAD / Ray-Tracing / *2232 (-20)
  Re: Gamma correction (was Re: color, contrast and brightness problems - any idea?)

So why does my monitor come in at about 1.7 on the first chart, and 2.4 on the second? I'll accept that the second makes it far easier to find the best match, but I won't accept that my estimate is off by 0.7 on the first chart. There's absolutely (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: NEW ANIMATION

(...) Thanks, So what your saying is use "Wax" if your a new to animation like me? Also about that program you are writing, I would like a to try it (When it hits the streets). :-D Thanks again, Jason Tiller (20 years ago, 12-May-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: color, contrast and brightness problems - any idea?

(...) I get a lot of bightness/contrast variation on my notebook's screen based on what angle I view the screen. For instance, in the picture you link to above I saw white but with very little adjustment to the angle of the screen I also saw pink. (...) (20 years ago, 12-May-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Gamma correction (was Re: color, contrast and brightness problems - any idea?)

(...) Here's a better chart: (URL) I found it at this site, which also has some interesting info: (URL) Andy (20 years ago, 12-May-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Gamma correction (was Re: color, contrast and brightness problems - any idea?)

(...) Basically, the problem you're seeing is that Windows does no gamma correction, and your two machines have different monitor gammas. (see (URL) for an explanation) To fix this, in theory, you basically have to calculate your current monitor's (...) (20 years ago, 12-May-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: color, contrast and brightness problems - any idea?

(...) One thing you can do is try to make your notebook match the CRT. Turn down the brightness and/or contrast some. I don't know if you have this option on your notebook, but all freestanding monitors have some controls built in to them which (...) (20 years ago, 12-May-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  color, contrast and brightness problems - any idea?

Hi all, I have a problem and no idea hox to fix it. I'm working on a notebook with active tft-display. Rendered pictures seem to be brilliant with enough brightness and contrast. Whenever I see one of these pictures on a PC with CRT I'm shocked. (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: a nice "tutorial" on radiosity

(...) a worthy addition. ROSCO (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: a nice "tutorial" on radiosity

Woo Hoo! Thanks Jeroen! Some time ago I wanted to do get the same effect, but my mind isn't suited to all the tests necessary to figure out how to do that. I'll definitely save those settings! Thanks again! --Ryan (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: NEW ANIMATION

(...) Hi It depends what you are referring to. If you are completely new to computer animation, IMHO your best shot is to download Wax and have a bit of fun with it. (URL) can even import Ldraw stuff via the .3DS format (probably LDR -> DXF -> 3DS) (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  a nice "tutorial" on radiosity

See how things work: (URL) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: HDRI and radiosity (part 2)

(...) Hi Jeroen, great work! Thank you very much. I just tried the new colors and it looks very good. I'm able now to increase the lights without having the risk that grey looks like chrome. I'm just redesigning the stickers for the Santa Fe too. (...) (20 years ago, 4-May-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: HDRI and radiosity (part 2)

Hi all, I placed a newer version of the radiosity files on my website. You can download direct via this link: (URL) de haan" <info@digitalbricks.nl> wrote in message news:HvM2B9.H1F@lugnet.com... (...) of (...) (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 3-May-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Announcing the NEW Bricksburg Fire Department

I've spent the last several weeks working on the BFD site and I'm pleased to announce that it is finally ready! Changes include: - site optimized for viewing at 800 x 600 - updated page design - a new station - all new apparatus renderings I have (...) (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.cad.ray)

  What Next? (Episode II)

First of all, THANK YOU to everyone who responded to my previous request: "(URL) I forgot to mention one other restriction. Since I do not have 'Net access at home, the maximum size of download I can handle is 1.44MB (i.e., what will fit onto a 3.5 (...) (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Non-linear animations in POVray

(...) Very helpful. I have been using this technique for plotting my splines also. Saves a lot of time. thanks. (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Non-linear animations in POVray

If you're already familiar with using sine curves in (URL), this page discusses some other ways to produce non-linear animations for different purposes. (URL) (If you're NOT familiar with using sine curves in (URL), see (URL) this page> first). (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Warning: no objects in scene

(...) -Orion (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Warning: no objects in scene

I just ran a file through L3P (with the -lgeo option) and tried to render it in POV-Ray 3.5, but all it does is give me a solid black image. The messages contain a line saying, "Warning: no objects in scene." Nothing I do seems to change the (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: LPub 2.0 not seeing POV-Ray 3.5?

(...) Thanks Orion, I updated my site. Kevin (20 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact