 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2230
Re: color, contrast and brightness problems - any idea?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2004 22:14:44 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Sven Reger wrote:
Hi all,
I have a problem and no idea hox to fix it. I'm working on a notebook with
active tft-display. Rendered pictures seem to be brilliant with enough
brightness and contrast. Whenever I see one of these pictures on a PC with
CRT I'm shocked. Discoloured, too dark and so on... If I use a normal PC &
CRT to render the picture and I adjust brightness and all other settings
there the picture has too much brightness on my notebook. I can't raise
contrast & brightness on my crt so much that it looks like the tft. Any other
idea how to fix that?

Just one example here. The background of this picture is milky white on my
notebook but kind of pink on any crt.

TIA

Sven

I get a lot of bightness/contrast variation on my notebook's screen based on
what angle I view the screen.  For instance, in the picture you link to above I
saw white but with very little adjustment to the angle of the screen I also saw
pink.  That's why I do all my final rendering on my desktop which has a CRT
display.

-Orion