 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2234
Re: color, contrast and brightness problems - any idea?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2004 08:14:07 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Orion Pobursky wrote:

I get a lot of bightness/contrast variation on my notebook’s screen based on what angle I view the screen. For instance, in the picture you link to above I saw white but with very little adjustment to the angle of the screen I also saw pink. That’s why I do all my final rendering on my desktop which has a CRT display.

-Orion

Hi, I agree with you that the viewangle has a big influence on the picture if you use a TFT. As a result of this I think it doesn’t matter how I finetune my TFT or grafic card settings. I have no real chance to fix the viewangle... hmm maybe some screws, glue and lots of Lego bricks could help to fix the angle between my head and the display ;-)

I have decided to render all colour relevant previews on a machine with CRT in the future. The final rendering has to be done on my notebook because it is much faster than my other machines... Take a look at my last picture. I left the old version (5) online so you can compare them... I think this one is much better (no more pink background!!!) http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=755462.

Because of this ugly background colour I have to render most of my pictures again with corrected settings.

Thank you all for the useful tips and hints

Sven