Re: [ldraw.org] Progress
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 16:06:07 GMT

At 02:29 PM 6/2/99 +0000, Scott R Dennett wrote:
I have gone through all of the models that have been sent, and then sent
them on to
Jeff so we would be comparing the same thing as I had inlined and made a
few
adjustments in the positioning of parts. I have not heard back from him,
yet.
JEFF are you still out there somewhere? :) Did the .zip file come through
OK?

This raises an important question.  We should have a standard format for
submodels for the TLG models.  MPD or inlining?  Given my limited
knowledge, which is more user-friendly?  can LDraw/LEdit/LDLite read an
inlined file without the user having to do anything?  I know you have to
expand an MPD to the original dat files before you can see the submodels.
Which do you all prefer?

-Tim Courtney
ldraw.org Project Coordinator

http://www.ldraw.org