 CAD / Development / 1985
Re: Lossless outlining (Was: [ldraw.org] Progress)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 03:09:01 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
Following up myself to resolve a dangling footnote...

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999 14:14:19 GMT, blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve Bliss)
wrote:

When LDAO inlines, it leaves a copy of the original line, commented out.
But that's not a requirement of inlining, I just thought it was a
reasonably good idea.[1]

[1] In the next version of LDAO, the stand-alone inliner will allow you
better control over the inlining process.  Specifically, there will be
options/buttons to:

- Select all subfiles
- Unselect all
- Inline only models, submodels, and unofficial parts & primitives
- Keep or drop the original line
- Recurse through inlined code

This will be great!  Would there be any way to add an option to leave out the
file information comments lines of subfiles (or maybe just all comments) when
inlining?  If you use several levels of subparts when creating a part, then
inline it, it takes a while to delete all those cumbersome comment lines.

-John Van