 CAD / Development / 1951
Re: [ldraw.org] Progress
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 21:00:26 GMT

On Tue, 1 Jun 1999 16:06:07 GMT, Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote:

This raises an important question.  We should have a standard format for
submodels for the TLG models.  MPD or inlining?  Given my limited
knowledge, which is more user-friendly?  can LDraw/LEdit/LDLite read an
inlined file without the user having to do anything?  I know you have to
expand an MPD to the original dat files before you can see the submodels.
Which do you all prefer?

I'd recommend going with MPD.  LDLite will render a (properly formatted)
MPD file, and the MPD format allows downloaders the possibility of
splitting the file back into its separate pieces.  Inline is a one-way
operation.

Steve