 CAD / Development / 1946
Re: [ldraw.org] Progress
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 16:57:19 GMT

On 6/2/99, at 12:16 PM, Tim Courtney wrote:

At 02:29 PM 6/2/99 +0000, Scott R Dennett wrote:
I have gone through all of the models that have been sent, and then sent
them on to
Jeff so we would be comparing the same thing as I had inlined and made a
few
adjustments in the positioning of parts. I have not heard back from him,
yet.
JEFF are you still out there somewhere? :) Did the .zip file come through
OK?

This raises an important question.  We should have a standard format for
submodels for the TLG models.  MPD or inlining?  Given my limited
knowledge, which is more user-friendly?  can LDraw/LEdit/LDLite read an
inlined file without the user having to do anything?  I know you have to
expand an MPD to the original dat files before you can see the submodels.
Which do you all prefer?

-Tim Courtney

Inline PLEASE!!! I know hothing about MPD except you have to split the
file.
Inline, you just go to the LDAO tools menu, click Inline, check the lines
you
wnat inlined, clik OK(or something to that efect), and your home free.
Pretty
easy if you ask me. I guess that's why I like it :)

Ryan
"Build or build not. There is no try." - Lego Master Yoda