 CAD / Development / 1968
Re: [ldraw.org] Progress
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 14:34:41 GMT

On Wed, 2 Jun 1999 22:48:14 GMT, "Scott R Dennett" <dennett@agate.net>
wrote:

Actually, Steve, it isn't one way if you don't mind doing a little cutting
and
pasting :)

That only works if there is a single inline.  And it doesn't actually undo
the inline, it just creates a similar subfile.

So if you really think MPD is that much better than what you
did,
where can I get it to see if I like it, I mean there must be some sort of
program to MPD and un-MPD, I've never seen it anywhere.

Search the lugnet archive.

Jacob's tools are at
<http://hugin.ldraw.org/meyer/LEGO/Værktøj/index.en.html>.

Onyx's M-Peedy is at <http://www.flash.net/~onyx/M-Peedy/M-Peedy.html>.

Is this MPD thing
as simple as inlining??

Generally, yes.  You can easily create an MPD file in Notepad.  With the
tools listed above, it's even easier to convert a complex model into a
single MPD.

I like inlining because it's easy and you can view in
Ledit, which I do 99% of the time. With MPD you have to split it to view in
Ledit, am I correct??

Yes, you have to split the MPD before using LEdit.

Steve