 CAD / Development / Organizations / LDraw / *261 (-20)
  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

(...) That's what I thought when I read your earlier post. It would be very intriguing to see what images people can create, using LDraw as a base tool, but not limited to that. For example, Terry suggested that no text be allowed over the image. I (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

I see I didn't answer Fredrik's questions clearly. I'll try one more time: (...) That means: - The size doesn't really matter. - Neither does the tools (but POV-Ray makes the most impressive images). - And the same with artificially made backdrops (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

Fredrik Glöckner: (...) I certainly do. (...) I would like something that shows off the posibilities with LDraw and related tools. The two important rules are[1]: 1) Include a description of how you made the image. 2) Include the LDraw file with the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

(...) I'm sure there are lots of people who don't post on lugnet.cad.dat.models. Besides, some people probably have a large backcatalogue of models which can be used. Still, once a month sounds good to me, too. That way, it will not impose too much (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

(...) Since people use many other tools than just LDraw and l2p/l3p, it is probably not a good idea to demand a _machine_ friendly explanation of the path from DAT file to finished image. It is actually more important that it is _user_ friendly, if (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Site Release!

John: (...) It should be working now. Play well, Jacob ---...--- -- E-mail: sparre@cats.nbi.dk -- -- Web...: <URL:(URL) -- ---...--- (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

Tim: (...) I would like to have "advisory voting". People get to vote, but whoever is responsible has the final word. (...) Looking at lugnet.cad.dat.models, I would say a month. Only three new models in the last week (and there should be _some_ (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Thank You

Count me in if you need any help! I am doing the Dutch translation now. If there is anything more to translate in Dutch, mail me! Good work, again! -- Greetingz... Sjaacko Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Site Release!

Good! Steady design: simple, yet effective and very nice. If you where Dutch, I would have offered you a job at my company as webdesigner. I am currently very busy with the Dutch translations, of which I am foreman now. About the 2nd August we (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

Terry: (...) I think the most important rule is that the submission should be a LDraw file and instructions for creating the image. That way others can learn from some good examples. 1) LDraw file 2) Arguments for l2p or l3p 3) Modification of the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

(...) Cool. Thanks Jacob, Tim. I might do a couple myself. Maybe it would be a good idea to devise a list of rules for submitting images? Max and minimum dimensional size, format, file size, restrict/allow text over the image, that sort of thing? (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Site Release!

(...) Hip, Hip, Hooray! Excellent work, Tim. You have created a site with a lot of polish and respectability. Outstanding job. Thanks so much for all the hard work, -- Terry K -- (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Site Release!

(...) Thanks! (...) I hope so too. We still would like to have a submission form for those programs so people don't have to mess with the intimidating though well-commented template. And the integrated explanation is a good idea too! Integration is (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Site Release!

Very nice. Clean, crisp, easy to follow. Nice integration with LUGNET. The "getting started" page is the clearest presentation I've seen of how to get LDraw up and running. I suspect (or at least hope) more of the utilities will be submitted (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Site Release!

Great Job Tim!! and to all those that help you as well. This looks like a super resource. Very profesional looking and at least so far navigating through the site is a breeze and things are easy to find. Keep up the good work. Also thanks go out to (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  [ldraw.org] Thank You

I would like to thank the following people on their contributions to the ldraw.org project: First and foremost, the biggest thanks goes to Jacob Sparre Andersen. Jacob donated the server space for ldraw.org and has played a HUGE role behind the (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.general)

  [ldraw.org] Site Release!

I am pleased to announce the ldraw.org website is now online and open to the public! Please visit and enjoy. :) (URL) no means is the site or the project complete. I have done all I can to present the site neat and tidy with placeholders where (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.general)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

(...) Should we go the voting route and let the visitors choose the model of the week/month from the pile? Or should we do that ourselves and rotate them some? And what should it be, week or month? Week would be more variety, but month would be less (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

(...) Yes, good idea, Terry. I think we should go that route. Right now I'm awaiting the delivery of a rendering of a truck for the first image. We can proceed to collect images for this slot at this time. A good 10 or 15 of them would be nice. I (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

Steve: (...) Well, who wants to do the work? I wouldn't mind helping with the infrastructure to limit the amount of work that actually has to be done. - Adding new models to the collection - Showing random models from the collection - "Voting" on (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact