Re: [ldraw.org] Site Release!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 21:15:42 GMT

At 02:18 PM 7/7/99 , John VanZwieten wrote:
Very nice.  Clean, crisp, easy to follow.  Nice integration with LUGNET.
The "getting started" page is the clearest presentation I've seen of how
to get LDraw up and running.

Thanks!

I suspect (or at least hope) more of the utilities will be submitted
shortly.  I also hope an "integrated" explanation can be
created to give people a better idea of which utilities are considered
"essential" and how the different utilities can be used
together.

I hope so too.  We still would like to have a submission form for those
programs so people don't have to mess with the intimidating though
well-commented template.  And the integrated explanation is a good idea too!

Integration is a good thing, a VERY GOOD thing :)

You might consider adding a link at the bottom of the left-side column to
link back to the ldraw.org page.  I know the picture at
the top serves this purpose, but it's not entirely obvious.

I am strongly considering adding a Home button to the sidebar on the top,
also making it a rollover and selected when on the main page.  Maybe a
Contact Us button is in order too.

Have you "registered" this site with any of the search engines which take
registration?

Not yet, good idea.  I'll do that shortly.

The FAQ link gave me the following error:

[snip]

Talk to Jacob about that link - I noticed it earlier and forgot to mention
it to him.  The directory /faq/ is a sym-link to /FAQ/ if I understand
properly.  It might not be set up properly.

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com

AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

If someone tells you you're worth your weight in gold, fatten up.