 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 564
Re: Mac Brick CAD 2.1b1 New Release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 23:01:55 GMT

Tom,

Here are a few early problems/comments/suggestions:
- If I close and re-open the part browser window in the same MBC session, the
part preview window is solid black the second time.

This is a known bug that todate has evaded me, the only solution I currently
have is leave the window open during modelling.

- The W/w wireframe toggle key doesn't seem to be working.

I've got a feeling this isn't available.

- A few (currently unofficial) parts have a problem whereby underside tubes show
through the top surface of the part.  This affects parts 42060/42061 (Wedge 12 x
3 x 1 Rounded Left/Right) and 41881.dat (Windscreen 12 x 6 x 12 Curved).  I can
provide screenshots of the problem if you'd haven't already seen it.

I'll have to check out the parts

- The full text editor is a vast improvement, but it would be nice if it could
be brought up in a separate window.  Even on the Ti's wide-format LCD, the
drawer effect takes up a lot of screen real estate.

I suppose this could be made optional, it hasn't been a problem to me but I've
got to admit (boast) I use a 22" Apple LCD Display.

- I'd personally prefer that the normal horizontal move step be 10 LDU (1/2
stud), as in LDGLite, rather than 20 LDU.  Since tastes may differ, I'd suggest
that the move steps be user-adjustable.  In such a modification, it would be
nice if the fine setting allowed for fractional-LDU moves for very fine
positioning, especially of rotated parts.

Good suggestion - I'll incorporate adjustable movements into the next release.
Meanwhile, if you use the mouse editing option (turn it on in preferences) this
always moves parts 10 LDU's horizontally. NB for full mouse editing, I also
suggest that you use (become familiar with) the freeze parts option while
modelling or there will be more movement happening than you may actually want.

- It would be nice to be able to select multiple parts in one of the
more-or-less usual ways (shift- or command-clicking) so multiple pieces could
easily be moved as a group.

Actually, shift clicking does work for selecting and unselecting multiple parts,
likewise you can select groups of parts in the text editor by dragging or using
the Apple key (I think).

Once multiple parts have been selected, then they will be all affected by the
command sent.

Andrew...