(...) Yeah, I still prefer using the original version of LDraw. MLCad uses too many of my system resources. I wish someone would update LDraw!!! Mike (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.151)

  Model & Scene of the Month voting at ldraw.org

Well, Here it is. I think I have this thing working alright - at least my testing works properly. So give it a go. Choose an area (Model and/or Scene) and vote away! (URL) Terry K -- (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

ldraw
(score: 1.151)

  Re: Submission for MOTM/SOTM/POTM closes in a week

"Willy Tschager" <willy.tschager@tin.it> wrote in message news:JtGwC5.7K4@lugnet.com... (...) month the LDRAW files posted there are from? There's no indication at all which month the visitor is looking at just by clicking, and people that bookmark (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

ldraw
(score: 1.151)

  Re: Clone DATs--any interest?

(...) They are clearly different situations. Both sites are led by individuals. In Todd's case with Lugnet, he does own it and can make decisions on his own about what happens to it without room for question. In my case with ldraw.org, I serve as (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

ldraw
(score: 1.151)

  Re: Introducing SR 3D Builder - a LDraw editor by Sergio Reano

(...) I didn't have any problems with weird folders in documents and settings you just unzip the files wherever you want and it will setup itself (which you can unzip to a new folder under Program Files.) The only issue I have (which is an issue (...) (17 years ago, 6-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.151)

  Division by Zero on startup of LDraw or LEdit

I recently downloaded these and any attempt to run them on my machine gives a Runtime Error #200. I looked this up and it's a division-by-zero error. I have several versions of the BGI files, some came with other software, some with Borland Pascal, (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.151)

  Re: Organizing the LDraw CD-ROM

Don: (...) There should definitely be binaries for both DOS, Linux, and MacOS where it is possible. Or maybe no DOS and just MS-Windows? How many OS/2 users do we have? (at least one) (...) Isn't that what the ISO-(can't remember the number) file (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

ldraw
(score: 1.151)

  Re: dll file for use with Visual Basic Express

(...) I like the idea. Naturally, I would like a portable LDraw library even better. How useful would a VB library be to Linux or Mac LDraw users? (There are at least a few!) In any case, a generic API could certainly make it easier to create new (...) (16 years ago, 17-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.151)

  Re: Question about the Future of LDraw CAD family.

(...) Ok, got an even more general question. Any reason that a group, could be set aside to develop just the CAD engine, and allow it to be used for loads of things? I mean, the core engine programmers could develop the core parts of the program, (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.151)

  Re: Contributor Agreement License details - updated version

(...) Now this is more along the lines of what I'd consider a derivative work according to the license, but only if their part file library actually includes ldraw primitive files, or text copied from the parts or primitive files. If they just (...) (18 years ago, 5-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

ldraw
(score: 1.151)

  Our Modeling Future (Was: Feature requests for LDraw/LEdit v. 2)

(...) i see the good *and* the bad in the .DAT format... i like the idea that the same parsing routines handle everything from the model down to the line type... all transformations can be uniformly applied to every sub element, element, part, and (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.151)

  Re: Clone DATs--any interest?

Tim Courtney skrev i meddelandet <4.2.0.58.1999112701...mm.com>... (...) [And many has said many things in this thread...] I think you are all a bit over-reacting! Of course www.ldraw.org should _mainly_ cover the LEGO use of LDRAW, as that's what (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.151)

  Re: Parts license

(...) The basic question here is too big for a few people to decide; it concerns everyone who includes themselves in 'the group known as ldraw.org'. So this is for everyone: Should ldraw.org restrict redistributions of the parts library? Or should (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.151)

  Re: Parts license

(...) I'm not sure this is practical. It also may not be enforceable. Someone may 'modify' the library in a way that ldraw.org can't use. For example, they may do a mechanical conversion of the files to a binary format, perhaps in a single file. (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.151)

  Re: Parts license

(...) Like Larry said, I included item II.5 in order to deal with the case of ldraw.org. I understand how Jacob feels about revokable licenses, but I'm OK with this idea, because ldraw.org is the party which is terminating the license. Maybe it (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.151)

  Re: 'Article from Tommorow' < Warning Speculative!!>

"Mike Horvath" <mikehorvath@juno.com> wrote in message news:G7t6F7.58v@lugnet.com... (...) Hi Mike - Unfortunately, LDraw in its original format is not going to get updated. The reason is the original files are the property of the Jessiman family, (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.151)

  Re: Yet another idea - Portable Ldraw system

Well, sounds like a plan. There are a few things that you can do to make it easier and maybe faster. I for one would definately network the computers. All you will need is 2 NICs (Network Interface Cards) a hub or switch (preferably a switch) and (...) (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.151)

  Re: Library search paths.

(...) I don't think you should use the normal search strategy (enhanced or not) for ldconfig.ldr because it's a special case. It's got global scope, and it's not referenced by name in your ldraw files. Tim's on the right track. A good strategy would (...) (13 years ago, 23-Apr-11, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.151)

  Re: New LDConfig.ldr color file

--snip-- (...) The majority of LDraw users I know of outside LUGNET (flickr, facebook and TBB) use MLCAD and LDview for their LDraw experience. It's not a full poll and it's not a big sample but it's probably a better example of 'new users' than (...) (15 years ago, 14-Aug-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

ldraw
(score: 1.151)

More:  Next Page >>