 CAD / Development / 4007
Re: Organizing the LDraw CD-ROM
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 15:45:11 GMT

Don:

I haven't been following this thread to closely, but uh, are you considering
machines that are not running Windows.  LdGLite 0.4 is due to be released
real soon and should run pretty well on Linux and the Mac in addition to
Windows.  It's reaching the point where it renders about as well as LdLite,
including shading.

There should definitely be binaries for both DOS, Linux, and
MacOS where it is possible. Or maybe no DOS and just
MS-Windows? How many OS/2 users do we have? (at least one)

It would be really, really nice if this CD had a Hybrid filesystem readable
from all three Operating systems.

Isn't that what the ISO-(can't remember the number) file
system is for?

Something else to include would be a live "run from CD" copy of LDRAW and
the parts directories.

Yup.

Play well,

Jacob