 CAD / Development / 3925
Re: Organizing the LDraw CD-ROM
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 15:21:58 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, John Matthews writes:
Why don't you simply publish ldraw.org website on the cd?  All the stuff is
there, right?

Actually, not all the stuff is there.  And it would be best to include some
resources which are not on ldraw.org, such as the LDraw and LEdit tutorial,
personal creations, animations, etc.

The HTML Guide to the CD-ROM that I have in my head will look very similar to
the ldraw.org website, but I'm thinking it will be laid out differently, and
will say something at the top other than 'ldraw.org.'  Other goodies like the
Windows install will help new users set up the programs with minimal
problems.  This isn't included on ldraw.org.

The CD will, of course, link to the website and specific pages within the
website.  Perhaps I can even throw up a CD-ROM specific page on ldraw.org, to
compliment the CD for owners and preview it for non-owners.

-Tim