 CAD / Development / 3922
Re: Organizing the LDraw CD-ROM
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 14:26:20 GMT

Why don't you simply publish ldraw.org website on the cd?  All the stuff is
there, right?

Build On!
John Matthews

Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message
Well, since we've discussed some of the logistics behind producing the CD, • its
time to get the organization down.

First off, I'll send out emails to everyone who has contributed a utility • that
works with the LDraw system, and get permission to include their work on • the
CD.  Once that is done, I can collect the files needed.

Someone else will need to organize them by directories and work at
standardizing the structure.  Also, zip files could be unzipped on the CD • to
ease installation for the user.

I can work on HTML pages for the CD and graphics where needed.

If someone could, it would be nice to have a Windows installation wizard • which
would set up everything on the user's hard drive automagically.  Also, a • small
HTML guide to the CD utilities and an introduction is in order.

A big issue here would be support for multiple platforms.  It should • support
fully Windows and Unix, and Mac where possible (it would be nice to have a • Mac
MLCad or something by pressing time, it would satisfy a lot of people).

Thoughts, comments welcome.  I'll post again when I get permission from • the
program authors.

-Tim