 CAD / Development / Search Results: Stickers in LDraw
 Results 261 – 280 of about 7000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw

(...) Why don't we reference these part numbers as comments in the part-file, perhaps on a 0 KEYWORDS line? Although that would be a headache to deal with, making sure that all new parts get all the appropriate part numbers... Steve (26 years ago, 1-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.002)

  Re: Clone "semi-bricks" (Was: Non-TLG Parts)

(...) That was the opinion stated by Jacob, which I generally agree with, but it depends on the detail in question. Some common, details which are larger than 1LDU details and are skipped in LDraw parts: - the indentations on the undersides of (...) (26 years ago, 12-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.002)

  Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw

(...) True, you wouldn't be able to use the related part numbers as parts, but you could search for them (especially once some software uses the KEYWORDS and CATEGORY meta-commands) (...) That would be the problem. Are these real parts, or not? If (...) (26 years ago, 1-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.002)

  Re: Non-TLG Parts

(...) You did a good job of it, though I don't think you'll like the replies from people (personal prediction). (...) I would personally severely disapprove. Though it could be argued to include clone bricks (which your described part would fall (...) (26 years ago, 10-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.002)

  Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw

(...) Why's that such a big problem? I mean... it's not like a 20 byte part file, or 10000 of them, will take up a significant amount of space. Especially zipped, when you don't have to worry about cluster sizes. By the time there are so many (...) (26 years ago, 1-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.002)

  Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw

(...) For now, that would be a good solution. Of course, Steve would need to split the pieces first. (...) I finally just released it as 104.dat in color 16. A compromise of sorts. The problem is, other pieces will (do) have the same problem. The (...) (26 years ago, 6-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.002)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Eve of Beginnings

(...) I just thought of another one: LDraw Foundation (as in the) --Todd (25 years ago, 13-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw

Selçuk wrote in message ... (...) come (...) Actually, you could consider some of the digressions as idle chatter until something more interesting comes up. Unless the idle chatter IS more interesting. (...) None the less, speculation as to why TLG (...) (26 years ago, 5-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Proposal for Revised Memorial

Tim: (...) At the moment I can't even get sendmail to work. :-( But if I get sendmail to run, and if I can get an OK from my network administrator, then the answer is yes. Play well, Jacob ---...--- -- E-mail: sparre@risoe.dk -- -- Web...: (...) (26 years ago, 9-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Feature requests for LDraw/LEdit v. 2

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht----- Van: Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> Aan: lugnet.cad.dev@lugnet.com <lugnet.cad.dev@lugnet.com> Datum: maandag 15 maart 1999 16:03 Onderwerp: Re: Feature requests for LDraw/LEdit v. 2 (...) I've seen a solid (...) (26 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw

(...) The big problem is someone has to notice the new color, and then someone has to make the change in the next part update. Why subject ourselves to this headache? (...) But we aren't zipped, and there are plenty of people with Win95/FAT16 hard (...) (26 years ago, 2-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Non-TLG Parts

(...) Oh, sure. All parts that go into the updates go through a peer review process, then the collection is assembled by Terry for distribution. Even assuming the non-Lego parts survive the voting, all that would be needed is policy on Terry's end (...) (26 years ago, 10-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.001)

  Re: DAT voting page up

I've never authored lego parts for ldraw, but I did for pov-ray (at the time I was using Anton Raves library which is very good (a lot more detailed than ldraw, I haven't tried l3P so I don't know the quality of the output) but it was lacking some (...) (26 years ago, 28-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.001)

  Re: ldraw.org

(...) I'm just speaking for myself, but I think that this is because people would rather see a site now with content than an professional-looking one later that is easy to navigate. In other words, there are few reasons to give over the James (...) (26 years ago, 23-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw

(...) I agree wholeheartedly... The point I tried to make earlier, was that it seems that by giveing seperate part numbers to the part, TLG is leaveing open the possibility in the future to release a part that is in two SEPARATE colors. So, my (...) (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Subgroup for Revamp?

(...) I like the idea of a short-term newsgrouping experiment, but since the discussions would be centered around a permanently evolving resource, maybe the experiment would work better with a transient resource, project, or event instead. In other (...) (26 years ago, 10-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw

At the risk of being flamed into lurk mode, I'm going to ask the following: Why do we need the official TLG part numbers? Why not just use a numbering system that makes sense? (26 years ago, 27-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Proposal for Revised Memorial

(...) It is my understanding that that is how it works. When you type "www.lugnet.com", that request is processed by a name server, which links that name to the proper address, the 204.302.23 stuff. But all you see is lugnet.com So if memorial on (...) (26 years ago, 10-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw

(...) I'm only alright with hard-coded colors, IF they are somehow marked as not being primary parts. I would not want them all listed in as being available for building, just because it would eventually lead to parts-overload. You'd get about a (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Proposal for Revised Memorial

(...) Thought provoking.. (...) That poses a problem. (...) Would an inlined model or an mpd posted to the group help?? I know people would have to download an mpd to run it through file splitter, and I'm not sure exactly what an inlined model is, (...) (26 years ago, 9-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

ldraw
(score: 1.001)

More:  Next Page >>