 CAD / Development / 7124
Re: Why Type 5 Lines?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 23:33:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky writes:
What is the point of Type 5 lines?  It seems to me that they are a confusing
and clunky method to display lines for the visible edges of rounded objects
when having no line at all would be just as visually correct (and less
taxing on the brain to figure out how to use them correctly).  In the age of
Windows based LDRAW programs how useful is this line type?

The obvious case where it's useful is studs - without these lines, viewing
any brick from the standard "oblique" position above & to the side, you
would see a circle at the top & bottom of each stud, but no sides, which
IMHO would not look good. Anywhere where the object (or background) behind a
curved surface is the same colour would render a confusing image.

ROSCO