 CAD / Development / 6842
Re: Stud logos in fan apps
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 17:33:14 GMT

"Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message news:Gr2Kr7.IGE@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.cad.dev, Tim Courtney writes:

  Out of curiosity, was it *ever* "officially" called LCad?

Well, yes.  The loose-knit community which is the 'governing body' of the parts
updates and libraries was called LCAD, or at least, the parts updates themselves
were called 'Official LCAD Parts Updates' back when the L-CAD mailing list was
in place.  When LUGNET started up, this list moved to lugnet.cad.  The LCAD name
lingered for a couple years, but really wasn't connected to something bearing
the name (like the mailing list), and LDraw.org became the official site.

LCAD was mentioned all over in the previous version of the website, so there
wasn't much I could do or say to retire the word from use until it all got
changed.  And, since updating the old site was a pain, I didn't have the energy
to go through and eliminate the word - especially since I was planning on
building an entirely new site.

On the new site, the only place LCAD will be mentioned is in the
/community/history/ pages, in the Parts Updates (because Steve hasn't found
another name for the files that fits 8.3), and in my writeup 'Preserving the
LDraw Name.'

You coming to BricksWest, Dave! ?

-Tim