 CAD / Development / 6826
Re: Stud logos in fan apps
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 19:26:35 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Travis Cobbs writes:

Their reasoning is - if we are representing LEGO bricks, they want them
represented accurately.  So, from this information, I would say it is safe
to assume they have no problem with it.

Sounds like "MEGA" would right out!  :-)  (Just out of curiousity, do Mega
Bloks have anything on the studs?)

  There's some variance on that.  Frequently the MegaBloks logo appears on
the body of the brick, such as between the four studs of a 2x2 brick, but
some newer molds place the MegaBloks logo between the 4 studs at each of the
four corners of a plate.  Other clone bricks, such as TYCO, also mold the
logo on the body of the bricks between the studs, while a few brands, such
as Byggis and Tandem, print small brand-icons on the studs themselves.

     Dave!