 CAD / Development / 6821
Re: Stud logos in fan apps
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 09:54:08 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Travis Cobbs writes:
Does anyone know what the Lego company's stance is on fan applications
putting "LEGO" on the tops of studs?

As far as I know, both L3P and LGEO allow you to include stud logos in the
POV files they generate.  Since I haven't heard anything about the LEGO
company asking them to stop, I am guessing everything's ok, but I wanted to
be sure.

I have the code working to texture map a logo on top of studs in LDView.  My
current logo says "LEGO" in an italic font.  I can change this to say
something else, but I'd rather not.

For trade dress reasons you may want it to be (one of) the authentic fonts.

++Lar