 CAD / Development / 6827
Re: Stud logos in fan apps
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 19:25:24 GMT

"Travis Cobbs" <tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com> wrote in message
news:Gr0vun.CpF@lugnet.com...

Their reasoning is - if we are representing LEGO bricks, they want them
represented accurately.  So, from this information, I would say it is • safe
to assume they have no problem with it.

Sounds like "MEGA" would right out!  :-)  (Just out of curiousity, do Mega
Bloks have anything on the studs?)

I'm ashamed to say I actually know the answer to this question ;-)  But, MB
doesn't have printing on the studs.  They imprint their logo inbetween studs
usually in the center of a brick.

Yep, I think so.  And--as an added bonus--I got to learn how to use • texture
mapping in OpenGL (something I hadn't done before).  Next up (hopefully) • is
bump mapping ;-).

Ooo cool! :-)

BTW - I love LDView!  Its definitely my favorite viewer.

It helps a lot.  Thank you.  The wording above sounds perfect.  I'll
probably add it to my readme.txt file in addition to my About box.

Sounds good.

-Tim