 CAD / Development / 3083
Re: Track parts naming scheme survey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 20:52:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Manfred:

The issue is about the parts from the group "Train Track  4.5V".

I fear I am about to be inconsistent with something I said before... but maybe
what we are trying to distinguish with 4.5v and 9v is confusing us.

1st, 2nd, 3rd gen would work... if we can't come up with something better.

But what if we use something about the distinguishing things... the first gen
has rounded end rails and no slots. the second gen has squared end rails and
slots/tabs. the third generation is metallic!

Don't forget that 12V in addition to the track also has the center conductor
parts.

Here's my idea, not very well formed as I have to leave for the airport in 5
min so forgive the rush... not 100% right but you get the idea I hope.

gen 1 names (rearrange to get the conventions to line up...)

rail straight rounded end
rail curved inner rounded end
rail curved outer rounded end
sleeper tabless (or is this just a 2x8 plate I forget)
rail turnout right hand
turnout left hand (prolly turnout, not switch) rounded end

gen 2 names

rail straight slotted bottom
rail curved outer slotted bottom
sleeper tabbed
turnout left hand squyare end slotted bottom

12v parts

center conductor straight
center conductor rounded

gen 3 names