 CAD / Development / 3082
Re: Track parts naming scheme survey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 20:26:47 GMT

Leonardo:

  My 12V trains don't move when I put them on the 4.5V-only track :)

Neither do mine. - But they don't move on the so-called 12V
track either. :)

  Now seriously, maybe we could drop the "4.5" from the name and replace
it with "old" but I don't think it's going to be a good idea. Of course
we'd have to keep the current format for the cross and points as the
4.5V and 12V versions are different.

We might want to remember the 12V power tracks too.

  I'm fine with the current names

So am I (but then we can't discuss :).

but if people want to change it, why
not call them "Train Power Track 12V" or "Train Track 12V Inside" ?

Makes sense.

Not a bad idea. What about "1st gen.", "2nd gen.", and "3rd
gen."?

  What's the 3rd generation ?

The stuff we mostly use for 9V trains. Actually I like to
use 2nd and 3rd generation power tracks together. Then all
my engines (4.5V, 9V, and 12V) can run in the same place
(there _are_ certain problems with this).

Play well,

Jacob

      --  E-mail:        sparre@cats.nbi.dk         --
      --  Web...:  <URL:http://www.ldraw.org/FAQ/>  --