 CAD / Development / 2491
Re: Voting page for 9906
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 03:41:42 GMT

Jeff Stembel <Dragonelf1@aol.com> wrote in message
Okay, I looked at the pieces, and here are my thoughts on the ones I had
problems with:

Can the insertion points for the castle doors be moved closer to the • hinged
part?  Not a big deal, it just kinda bugs me.  ;)

Yes, actually that wouldn't be a bad idea, but it would take me way too much
time.  When I originally submitted these doors back in Oct/Nov, they were
too long in the z direction by 0.5 LDU, It took me about 6 months to find
the time to get back to them.  And then it took me ... 76 hrs total to fix
2400 and about 48 to fix 6105 (just estimates of actual time working on
them).  (I wish someone had mentioned this to me back then, I would have
done this too:) To solve the problem you mentioned I would have to
add/subtract the necessary LD length to each y value to bring it in line
with the hinge.  I don't have a program that can do this, and 2400 has
around 40 pages of lines, while 6105 has around 30?? ... so I would have to
change all these y values by hand, which would take more time than I think
it's worth.  If you want to take this task on yourself you are more than
welcome.  Or if you have any quicker solutions I am willing to listen.
One suggestion is to create a dat model file where the door and hinge are
lined up however you want and when you want to use that in a model you can
just use that model.dat.
Thanks,
Adam