 CAD / Development / 143
Re: Proper tiles (Was: Clone "semi-bricks" (Was: Non-TLG Parts))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 09:53:38 GMT

Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Steve Bliss wrote:
Some common, details which are larger than 1LDU details and are skipped
in LDraw parts:
[...]
- The indented base on tiles (oh no! That means LDraw use old-style
  tiles!)

Ya know, this has been one of my pet peeves with LDraw.  But since I'm too
lazy to learn how to create pieces, I haven't said anything about it until
now.

Would anyone have the time, inclination, and patience to "fix" the 4 dozen
or so Tile pieces that have this attribute?

Actually, this adds weight to our recent use of subpart files for the non-
decorated sections of parts which are frequently decorated. If this had been
done from the start (no criticism implied) we would now only have to "fix" the
subparts - or actually create a new version of the subpart with the notches.

How widespread is the desire for this? I could do it if there is demand, but I
would need to know which (if any) of the existing decorated tiles use the
*old* style tile without the notches.

ChrisD