 Off-Topic / Fun / 836
Re: Dreaming in Lego (Was: Clone "semi-bricks" (Was: Non-TLG Parts))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 04:22:58 GMT

Jeremy H. Sproat writes:

2.  Corollary:  How many programmers out there dream in code?

i must admit i have dreamt in code... the weirdest part... back when i was like
15.. programming in basic on my C-64... i dreamt a fix for a problem i was
having... the scary part, i woke up, remembered it, tried it... and it worked..
i've actually done bug fixes in my dreams...

okay.. this is where this post gets long and convoluted, but i promise it to be
worth the read.. i have a friend, very creative, VERY witty.. i assume him to
be much like our own terry K... we were watching "contact" and i told him that
i thought it would be hilarious to work on some reverse SETI project, where we
constantly beam a message into space..and what would i want to do?? loop a
transmission of a beta version of NT5.. just cause i love the idea of a
civilzation somewhere getting the signal, decoding it, then building PCs on
another planet, all just to interface with this alien wisdom they have
received... cults would form over the "message from god".. computers would take
on holy proportions... and Bill Gates wouldn't see a single penny... now THAT
would be funny...
to which my witty friend replies "you know what would be funnier???..."
???
"if they beamed back bug fixes"

hehe!!