 CAD / Development / *8405 (-20)
  Re: [Re: Introductions]

(...) I will e-mail you my .emacs file and we can have a mail discussion about setting it up. [snip] (...) I think we need to get a good design first. The language we chose should be secondary. A good design may reaveal the best language(s) (...) (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Any help I can offer I will

Brian, Right now we need someone to make some webpages, specifically this one: (URL) don't know if Matthew Gerber is in charge of it or not. He already has some other web/graphic designers in contact with him. I know Matthew is really busy with (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: [Re: Introductions]

(...) Don, You should see me. When I first got my job at the library I am at, I go and ask the Window's tech, "How do you cancel a dialog box with the keyboard?" They say, "hu?" I say, "You know, they keyboard shortcut for canceling dialogs. On a (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Any help I can offer I will

(...) Put your hat back on, and put your money back in your pocket, please. There seem to be people willing to help and plenty of ideas to go around. Actually, I think the volume of disparate ideas has been a hindrance as someone else already (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: [Re: Introductions]

(...) Oooh, I realize this is off topic here, but did you get the JDEE to work in windows? If so, could you help me out and tell me which versions of everything you have that actually work together? I tried to put this together with xemacs and (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  [Re: Introductions]

Hi, I'm Mark Abrams. I hope this is not a duplicate but the previous post I sent doesn't appear to have made it here. I have 2 bachelors degrees - one in studio art and the other in computer science. I am currently employed as a Java developer. My (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: TO: Mark Abrams

(...) I was mistakenly replying to you and not posting to the group. I kept wondering why they weren't showing up. Anyhow, I think I've got it now. I will post my mail now. Mark (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

"Kyle McDonald" <kmcdonald@bigfoot.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3C66F9C8.207030...oot.com... (...) I have made two charts, one for file loading and one for file structure (URL) this location I can place futhermore our conclusions, when we get (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Re[2]: Movement and friction

(...) I agree. Although I called it friction, I didn't mean the true physical property. It seems to me that the difference between grey pins and black pins is structural in nature: they are different connectors from a builder's point of view. I (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.lcd)

  Any help I can offer I will

Unfortunately I dont have a detailed programming background... however I have been involved in Creating instructions and designs with LDRAW and MLCAD processes through the use of a pc. I am a native Mac user and come from more of a graphic design (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  TO: Mark Abrams

Mark, I have gotten your email. I have a few comments for you but all of your emails keep getting bounced back to me. I assume you are subscribed to this list. Have you figured out how to post to it? First, you have to setup yourself as a new user: (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  A comprehensive LDraw object model

There is currently a discussion brewing on developing some LDraw frameworks that would make it easy for programmers (even me!) to write LDraw applications in Java, c++, python, and perl. Check it out here: (URL) here is a template of the object (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: OS 8.6

(...) I have been suggesting some directions hoping others would pick one up that they liked. Most of the directions were suggested to me by developers who I haven't heard from since they suggested the idea, so I am just assuming they have lost (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) OK. This is sounding very yummy. When can we start using the frameworks. (...) Nonsense. I got to work and home just fine today, and I even found parking right across from where they had the opening ceremonies. :-) James (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) Could you give us an example? By looking at what you've written, I don't understand if one needs an ending tag, or not, to complete the '0 DETAIL' command. Where in the text of the file would this go? How would it look? Thanks a lot. Much (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re[2]: Movement and friction

Earlier on Mon, 28 Jan 2002 23:28:01 GMT on lugnet.cad.dev Ross Crawford<rcrawford@csi.com> wrote: ---...--- RC> I can see one limitation - the fact that technic axles are actually RC> significantly smaller than the holes in the bricks (round holes, (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.lcd)

  More on BrickDraw3D OO design

I had to close that post before I could mention where all that discussion was going. Briefly, I have been trying from the start to design BrickDraw3D's C++ classes to separate geometry and graphics from the application framework (in this case (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Movement and friction

I haven't commented substantially on LCD, so maybe I should. I am contemplating an algorithm that will find all of the possible stud-insertion points on a part. The obvious way to do this is to recognize the tube or enclosing box with their (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.lcd)

  Re: Movement and friction

(...) I think it probably is. The situations I'm thinking about are: 1. axles in technic bricks, which fit your "no friction" model; 2. the light grey low-friction pins, which could also fit the "no friction" model (with regard rotation); 3. the (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.lcd)

  Re: Movement and friction

(...) I think it probably is. The situations I'm thinking about are: 1. axles in technic bricks, which fit your "no friction" model; 2. the light grey low-friction pins, which could also fit the "no friction" model (with regard rotation); 3. the (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.lcd)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact