 CAD / Development / *4170 (-20)
  Re: Using parts in p\48\ (was: part 2951, more questions, nearly done)

(...) I think what Steve Bliss meant was to use inlining as a tool _only_ to find out where to put the polygon spanning the final 7° of the curve. You only need to temporarily inline the last curve segment and check the coordinates of the polygon on (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Using parts in p\48\ (was: part 2951, more questions, nearly done)

(...) Uhhh I see:) Well that explains my problems then. (...) Hmm Why to the segment? Or is the vague idea I have about inlining completely wrong? I think of it as a tool to put an unofficial primitive into the part file, e.g. by replacing a type 1 (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldlite for OpenGL and Linux (and uppercase filenames)

Don Heyse: (...) I think we should decide how the files should be stored (upper, lower, or mixed case), and then append that to the DAT format specification. My personal preference is lower case. Mixed case should be allowed in DAT files no matter (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  fabuland parts

does anyone know where i can find fabuland parts thanks (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldlite for OpenGL and Linux (and uppercase filenames)

(...) all (...) tending (...) Actually the problem with mixed case inside the files is easily fixed by one line of code in the program that either UPPERCASES or lowercases the filename (and directory: P, PARTS, or MODELS) before attempting to open (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldlite for OpenGL and Linux (and uppercase filenames)

(...) Looks like everything is upper-case in the distribution files. Unfortunately, the case of the names on the files is only a small part of the battle. The real problem is all the references to various DAT files inside all the other various DAT (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Using parts in p\48\ (was: part 2951, more questions, nearly done)

(...) Fredrick was suggesting that you can use the low-res version of primitive in your file, rotate the primitive to the proper orientation, and then (using a text editor) change the filename to include the 48\. LEdit does not choke on parts which (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Using parts in p\48\ (was: part 2951, more questions, nearly done)

John Jensen <skurt@vip.cybercity.dk> wrote in message news:FoJ43u.Gu@lugnet.com... (...) LEdit will load the primitive, it just chokes on the filename being in its editor. When you use the part, the primitive's filename won't be in LEdit's editor. (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Making LDraw Parts

Jacob Sparre Andersen <sparre@cats.nbi.dk> wrote in message news:Pine.OSF.3.95.1....nbi.dk... (...) same side of the line defined by the last two points. (...) on the same side of that line. (...) Nice job, guys, on correcting this long-standing (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldlite for OpenGL and Linux (and uppercase filenames)

(...) Yeah, I used GLUT and it seems fairly portable. So far I've compiled it with gcc for linux/mesa, the mingw32 port of gcc for windows, and Visual C++ for windows. I've already started looking for better menus than GLUT. So far FLTK and GLUI (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldlite for OpenGL and Linux (and uppercase filenames)

(...) Yes, they were. You could use DD or simiar to edit them to lowercase, in which case "DIR" would show them lower, but command.com and the fileopen-type calls all treated everything case-insenitively and could see them. -Steven (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldlite for OpenGL and Linux (and uppercase filenames)

(...) I haven't looked at your port of the source, but I would like to mention that you should use GLUT, to make your effort available to other platforms, other than linux, eventually have the same version for windows/Linux. I should warn you that (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Using parts in p\48\ (was: part 2951, more questions, nearly done)

(...) Ahh yes, but I also need to use the part that uses that primitive, and if LEdit won't load the primitive, then I can't use the part. Has noone ever used the \48\*.dat primitives? I count three in my directory, and if the policy is not to (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Using parts in p\48\ (was: part 2951, more questions, nearly done)

(...) No, sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Perhaps I misunderstood the original question? You needed to rotate a part with name 48\1-4cyli.dat in LEdit, right, and LEdit choked on the filename? The rotation matrix should be the same no (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: OMR Filenaming Standard Change?

(...) Like I mentioned in my reply to Tim, giving the .dat the same name as the .mpd gives even more consistency. The .mpd is named xxxxa-yy.mpd so if we name the .dat the same way, it has all the basic information(#, modifier, year) and the user (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Ldlite for OpenGL and Linux (and uppercase filenames)

If anyone is interested, I've started a port of Ldlite to OPenGl and linux. So far I've only gotten the rendering part working, and only with a fixed viewpoint, but the images look pretty close to ldlite for windows. I suppose the next step is to (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  RE: OMR Filenaming Standard Change?

Hi, (...) My opinion is that it is better idea to use ?xxxx??.mpd or ?xxxx??.dat as main filenames, than main.dat. My pros: This is the first level file of a set and this should at once orient the viewer what set he/she is viewing. It does not waste (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Using parts in p\48\ (was: part 2951, more questions, nearly done)

(...) (or (...) Hmmm wouldn't that be postponing the problems? If LEdit doesn't want to load it from a regular dat file, why should it load it from a dat file within a dat file? (hopefully you know what I mean) (...) Awaiting others opinion then:) (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Using parts in p\48\ (was: part 2951, more questions, nearly done)

(...) You could just replace 48\1-4cyli.dat with 1-4cyli.dat before doing the rotation, and then replace back again afterwards. That should work, shouldn't it? (...) This sounds ok to me. But then agian, I've been wrong before! ;-) (The technic seat (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  part 2717 - technichs seat.

Has anyone done the technics seat (part 2717) as this is my next most wanted piece? If not, I'll get right at it after finishing 2951. Sincerely John Jensen. (25 years ago, 16-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact