 CAD / 5458
  Re: Let's be realistc (WasRe:MoreVenomAnyone? (WasRe:Givethemabreak (was:Hey,like,isanyonethere?)))

(...) Why exactly do the people going to the "Train summit" or "CAD summit" need to sign NDAs and to get inside information? You don't need to sign an NDA to share your ideas with TLC. So I conclude that the desire among the participants to learn (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general)

  NDAs

(...) I think this is a great question.... it gets to the heart of why companies share preannounced info with the general public (or rabid fans, or some spectrum of in between). My comments are more about the train summit but I suspect Steve or Tim (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: NDAs

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G8nLoJ.5Iw@lugnet.com... (...) First off, good thoughts Larry, and good question, Eric. I'll attempt to add to the comments as they apply to the CAD summit. (...) I don't think anyone (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: NDAs

(...) A gift? Please. LEGO got just as much, if not more, out of having you lot up there. Otherwise, they wouldn't have bothered. I haven't been nosey enough to ask about travel and boarding expenses. It would be a bit shocking to me to find out (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: NDAs

(...) Not sure if this is the specifically right place to post this question, but here goes. Even if you (collectively) can't disclose what was discussed, can you disclose when you can disclose what was discussed? Dave! (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: NDAs

Are they planning on having a TOWN Summit? Or Castle or Space? Gary Istok (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Let's be realistc (WasRe:MoreVenomAnyone? (WasRe:Givethemabreak (was:Hey,like,isanyonethere?)))

(...) Well, I'm not someone under an NDA, nor have I played on on TV, but... The simple answer is "Because LEGO Direct asked them to." and that's about it, really. LD initiated these meetings, and it's their call how to do them. But even aside from (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general)

  Re: NDAs

(...) Or pirate? I'd be a little surprised to see other summits, though I'd sure love to be invited to one (but I realize that at a minimum, Larry is a good representative for me, and probably others also). The train and cad summits have clearly (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: NDAs

(...) They've already answered this question, albiet indirectly, by saying that what does get released will be released by LEGO Direct in LD's time frame. So, IOW, no. James (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: NDAs

(...) Fair enough. I figured it was something like that, but I thought I might have missed a more specific answer (like, "don't say anything until Wednesday") Dave! (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Let's be realistc (WasRe:MoreVenomAnyone? (WasRe:Givethemabreak (was:Hey,like,isanyonethere?)))

"James Brown" <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote in message news:G8npDr.Ep3@lugnet.com... (...) This makes a lot of sense. I gotta get caught up on work (school) and sleep....then I'll probably dive into this and field a few more concerns people (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general)

  Re: NDAs

"Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message news:G8nq6u.H0x@lugnet.com... (...) Wednesday") (...) No problem. Believe me - we're going to actively be working with LEGO Direct ASAP on what to announce, etc. We all would like to be set at ease (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: NDAs

Tim said something about "how those not present must feel..." I think it would be super if LDRAW people organized *own* summit. Just to talk amongst ourselves. Also show programs and eat. Maybe a sub-conference of Brickfest. I had an idea yesterday. (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: NDAs

"Erik Olson" <olsone@spamcop.net> wrote in message news:G8nstH.Ip@lugnet.com... (...) Actually...Steve and I thought about that before but never really talked more about it. Good idea. Phone is another good thing, perhaps even Voice over IP - (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: NDAs

(...) No really. We all considered it a privilege to be invited. (...) Sure, LD has something to gain-- otherwise, as you say, they wouldn't have invited us. But a lot of the conversation was about how TLC can help out LTCs and what they are doing. (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: NDAs

(...) A priviledge, yes. A gift? No. LEGO got just as much, if not more, out of the meeting than you did. It's important to remember that LEGO is a company. LEGO is not your friend, it's not your enemy, it's not Santa's workshop. They don't do (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: NDAs

"Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote in message news:G8nxyB.FC4@lugnet.com... (...) And that's OK. (...) True for the company - but my experience with the individuals in the company is that they are good people and they do do things out of the (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: NDAs

Mostly agree, so mostly snipped. (...) Can you elaborate on this? I agree that knowing that LEGO is a company and does things for company-ish reasons is important... I mean, I've been saying since *forever* that LEGO is a company and that things (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: NDAs

(...) I didn't say it wasn't. (...) I didn't say anything about the individuals in question. I have no opinion of any of the individuals in question, never having met any of them. Even if I were to meet them, though, it would be important to (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: NDAs

(...) Sure. Lately people have become infected with the idea that LEGO Direct will or won't like us based on posts in lugnet.lego.direct. They've somehow gotten the idea that LEGO Direct, as a part of The LEGO Company, will or won't form an (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: NDAs

(...) But the meetings were just the beginning. They are history. The dialog continues here with all AFOLs. We should all continue to provide input to help make TLC a better company. (...) Okay, your point is well taken. The term "gift" probably (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: NDAs

(...) Thanks. (...) Indeed. OK, thanks for the clarification. I agree, mostly (of course). But, and this may be straining at gnats and swallowing camels, and it may well be second order effects rather than direct, while LEGO Direct, not being a (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: NDAs

Snipped for comedic effect. This is the last post, I gotta get back to work. (...) (1) (...) Except they get to build with their bricks at work without having to explain. 1 - Surely J2 meant "as JUST a company" as I never really thought of TLC as (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: NDAs

(...) lol thanks for the correction, although I did feel unjustly treated by TLC as an AFOL when I saw Miniland for the first time. All I could do was look at the marvelous buildings and say, "you can't get that element in *that* color, you can't (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: NDAs

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ... (...) be (...) it's (...) I agree. But for a while the only posts they responded to were rather rudely phrased. The posts that politely asked a question were ignored. LD needs to demonstrate that they will (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  O Lar, you brute... (Was Re: NDAs)

(...) That is the biggest piece of hogwash I have seen come from you yet. I don't believe there has really ever been a "we want it because we want it" crowd -- that's just a straw man of your own creation so that you can make yourself seem important (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: NDAs

(...) Well put. (...) Yes to both. That last point is critical. We need crispness. The increased response is great but is it temporary? Setting some clear expectations, and maybe further sorting stuff into different channels by what it is (a bug (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: NDAs

Telephone calls cost money, and unless a large amount of you have Conferencing ability, you can't get that many people involved. Just set up an AIM or IRC chat room and have at it. If you're worried about people wandering into an IRC room, make it (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: NDAs

Whoops, I set my followups and crossposts wrong. Anyways, I glossed over that Erik mentioned Brickfest, good idea. We'll have to wait for brickfest plans... (FYI that's in Washington DC) Tom suggested IRC/ICQ, and that came up last night at dinner (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: NDAs

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001 21:25:48 -0700, Tim Courtney wrote (in message <G8oHEz.Fp9@lugnet.com>): (...) Uh, I'd personally be up for something this summer maybe? (Time to plan, time to save, time to BUILD) I don't know how much I'd have to offer the (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: NDAs

In lugnet.lego.direct, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip> (...) <snip> (...) Clearly if you're going to carry on a business relationship with someone, there is a correct and an incorrect way to behave. That does include finding the right tone to use to (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)