 CAD / 3575
Re: L3Lab - yet another LDraw viewer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 16:16:58 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Lars C. Hassing wrote:

Steve Bliss wrote...
In lugnet.cad, John VanZwieten wrote:

Can L3 work with LDAO's editor, like LDLite does?  That would be great for
part creation, too.

Not right now.  For LDLite, the -P command-line parameter activates
Polling.  In L3Lab, it automatically renders, prints, and exits.

GyuGyi shouldn't have chosen -P, as Windows uses -p,-P,/p,/P for printing
e.g. when you drag a DAT file to the printer.

L3Lab doesn't support printing (I know I forgot to turn the menus off :-)
so I *could* use the -P option, but I would like to leave that open.
Steve, can you launch L3Lab like "L3Lab -poll <file>" in stead (or is the -P
hardcoded). Then I will make a -poll option.

Sure, I can fix up LDAO.  Actually, I think I'll remove the "Editor
Renderer Tool" completely, and provide an option to use either LDLite or
L3Lab as the viewer for editing.

Just turn off "Cache subfiles" in the File menu!

Doh!  Well, that's a lot easier than the gyrations I was going through
yesterday.

Perhaps I should make another commandline option for this, -nocache?

Might be a good idea, in general.

Since the major Windows-based rendering programs can all handle MPD
format, maybe I'll dump the two-file approach in favor of putting both
files in a single MPD.

Steve