 CAD / 3485
Re: L3Lab - yet another LDraw viewer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 17:36:02 GMT

"Lars C. Hassing" wrote:
As you may know I have been cooking on this L3 program for more than
two years now (not that this tells anything about its size and quality ;-)
However, I believe L3 now has so many useful features that many of you
(especially part authors) also might enjoy, so I shouldn't keep it to myself.
http://www.netby.net/Nord/Mandelvej/Hassing/l3lab.html

Damn.  It's fast, it's clear, it's easy to use.  It rips apart DAT files for
analysis.  It dumps all kinds of diagnostic data on the model.  It gives my
Tantive IV all kinds of pretty colors.

Lars, after I get over how amazingly cool this app is, I'm gonna flog you with
a lasagna noodle for keeping it away from us for so long!  :-,

Some questions:

Does it use OpenGL or some other trick for speed?

Do you plan on L3Lab being a viewer only, or will it eventually be a LEdit
replacement?

Do you have any plans for saving the output; e.g. to BMP or Postscript?

Do you plan on releasing the source code?

Cheers,
- jsproat

debug(this);