 CAD / 3489
Re: L3Lab - yet another LDraw viewer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 02:07:38 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Lars C. Hassing writes:
Take the program "as is" - there is no documentation, explore the menus
yourself! I still consider L3/L3Lab as an experimental program, a platform
for trying out new ideas, so any suggestions/comments are very welcome.
http://www.netby.net/Nord/Mandelvej/Hassing/l3lab.html

Awesome program!  However, since questions/suggestions are welcome, I'll give
some :)
1) I like to be able to see how a model is put together--is there a way to
render the file part by part?
2) Can I turn off error messages?  For example, it's annoying that it tells me
I only have 65536 colors every time I start the program.
3) Can I change the default background color, zoom, etc?
4) What do the 1,2,3,5, and 6 do under the Test menu?
  (When I render one of my models with 1, some of the studs disappear, with 2
and 3, the shading is funny on inside corner slope bricks.)
5) What command line options does the program support?
6) Does Print use vector or bitmap images?

I like a lot of the features you've included so far--eg, shading without edge
lines looks almost like POV!  Random colors is fun too...
I look forward to future developments!
--Bram