 CAD / 13378
  LSynth within LPub

LPub has helped me create building instructions for an elementary school robotics program over the last couple of years (Many thanks, Kevin!). I'm now trying to show electric wires realistically on a model, but can't figure out the LSynth support (...) (19 years ago, 19-Oct-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth within LPub

(...) Well, I have found a workaround. It turns out that LSynth, at least the version embedded in LPub, doesn't process commands that are collected into an MLCAD group. I'm not sure why running standalone LSynth manually worked for me unless I (...) (19 years ago, 19-Oct-05, to lugnet.cad)

  LSynth within MLCAD tutorial

I have created a little tutorial that I use to show how to use LSynth in MLCAD (it is basically an extension of the holly-wood.it stuff with a few more details intended for wiring cables). This is intended for middle school teachers to use for their (...) (19 years ago, 19-Oct-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth within LPub

(...) The lsynth you run from inside LPub is the same one you run from inside MLCad. I'll see what I can do when I get home. Actually, what I need to do first is release the new LSynth. The issue that is holding me up is that I no longer want to (...) (19 years ago, 19-Oct-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth within LPub

(...) Dunno how hard it is, but I think there needs to be a way to specify the "bendiness" of the hoses. I know I've had problems with it before which you whipped up a quick fix for (thanks!) but I just ran into a similar problem trying to do the (...) (19 years ago, 20-Oct-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth within LPub

(...) I was hoping that bendiness was based on hose type, but alas I think it is not. Might you want it on a segment by segment basis? I'll have to figure out what units to use. First I've got to get something released. Kev (...) (19 years ago, 20-Oct-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth within LPub

(...) Well, I think it would be reasonable to have a default value based on hose type, but allow the user to change it if they want (or need) to. The default should try to mimic the real hose as closely as possible. The problem with the pneumo hose (...) (19 years ago, 20-Oct-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth within LPub

(...) Kevin, Another discovery: it appears that LPub does not want to call LSynth when the model contains no submodels, that is, when it is an .ldr file instead of a .mpd file. I eliminated the need for subparts and LSynth stopped running. When I (...) (19 years ago, 20-Oct-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth within LPub

(...) Hi Kevin, Thanks once again for all your good work on LPub. Although I've not run any tests on it, I'd noticed this problem too. If you want me to check it out in any way just ask. Tim (19 years ago, 20-Oct-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth within LPub

(...) Hi Tim, Please dig into this one. Is it maybe a trailing STEP with no parts after it? Kevin (19 years ago, 21-Oct-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth within LPub

(...) <snip> (...) No. LPub and MLCad uses the lsynth already on your computer. I highly recommend you work with LSynth in MLCad and get things like you like, and not use lsynth within LPub. (...) I've wrestled with this nasty problem a fair amount. (...) (19 years ago, 21-Oct-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth within MLCAD tutorial

(...) Hi Larry, I did attempt to follow your link, but unfortunately I get a "connection refused" for that link. Have you been slashdotted? Regards Danny -- (URL) - Build Robots (19 years ago, 22-Oct-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth within LPub

(...) Hi Kevin, It seems the problem lies with callouts rather than the step. I think the callout counter might keep incrementing across steps rather than resetting. Try this file (URL) and you'll see. Tim (19 years ago, 23-Oct-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth within LPub

(...) Thanks for the details on this one. You're sort of right. On single step pages, the callout counter must reset after each page (each step). For multi-step pages, though, we have multiple steps on a given page. In this case the callout counter (...) (19 years ago, 25-Oct-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth within LPub

(...) How do they find LSynth? I don't think it is on my path and I don't remember telling either LPub or MLCad where LSynth is installed. (...) I would like to, but I have found it rather inefficient, perhaps because I do not understand how to use (...) (19 years ago, 26-Oct-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth within LPub

(...) When lsynth is installed, the installer creates a registry entry specifying the path. (...) Hmm...... I understand your issue. I follow these steps: 1. Use MLCAD to add synthesis specifications. 2. Save pre-synthesis file to disk. 3. (...) (19 years ago, 26-Oct-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth within LPub

(...) Aha! Thanks for clarifying. (...) An excellent enhancement of MLCad, LSynth, or both, would be an "undo synthesis" function that removes everything between the "synthesized" comments and uncomments the constraint parts. I will try to send the (...) (19 years ago, 27-Oct-05, to lugnet.cad)