 CAD / 13397
Re: LSynth within LPub
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 14:08:58 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Galen Kannarr wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

<snip>

Is LPub running an embedded LSynth or is it finding the executable on my
computer?

No.  LPub and MLCad uses the lsynth already on your computer.

How do they find LSynth?  I don't think it is on my path and I don't remember
telling either LPub or MLCad where LSynth is installed.

I highly recommend you work with LSynth in MLCad and get things like you like,
and not use lsynth within LPub.

I would like to, but I have found it rather inefficient, perhaps because I do
not understand how to use MLCad properly.  Basically, I don't know how to "undo"
an LSynth run without manually editing the LDraw file, deleting the synthesized
elements and uncommenting the original control parts.  I have to exit MLCad and
perform the latter step in a text editor.  So tweaking the synthesized parts is
slow.

On an unrelated note, but while I have your ear, I should mention that LPub
does not always close the progress window when generating CSIs, PLIs, and
BOM.  I have not yet figured out what circumstances trigger that behavior.

I've wrestled with this nasty problem a fair amount.  I'll keep digging.

I wonder if it is related to the missing empty step (below).  Perhaps the status
box part of LPub expects one more thing to happen than the rest of it.

Also, tonight, when generating layouts, LPub fails to generate the final
completed layout image.  The status box says "Laying out page 46" but there
is no image 46.  I also notice that there is no image 46 in the images
folder. Strange.

Responding to your question in another post, yes, it turns out there is a
trailing step with no parts at the end of the model.  I will have to fix that!