 CAD / 13383
Re: LSynth within LPub
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 20 Oct 2005 18:47:48 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

Actually, what I need to do first is release the new LSynth.  The issue that is
holding me up is that I no longer want to ship synthesis specific parts (not
real parts), with the LSynth release.  The parts have all been put in the parts
tracker.

I have to make up a list of the parts needed, and build a table of pointers to
them on the LDraw sight.

Dunno how hard it is, but I think there needs to be a way to specify the
"bendiness" of the hoses. I know I've had problems with it before which you
whipped up a quick fix for (thanks!) but I just ran into a similar problem
trying to do the hoses on the top of the ladder here
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RoscoHead/trains/shay/side_r.jpg it's not
bendy enough. Maybe there should be a default "bendiness" for each type, but
allow it to be adjusted with a param on the SYNTH BEGIN line?

I was hoping that bendiness was based on hose type, but alas I think it is not.

Might you want it on a segment by segment basis?  I'll have to figure out what
units to use.

First I've got to get something released.

Kev

ROSCO