 CAD / 13379
Re: LSynth within LPub
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 06:10:41 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Galen Kannarr wrote:
How does one get the integrated LSynth to execute?  I've never been able to get
anything out of it and have to run the model through LSynth manually or with
MLCAD before loading it into LPub instead.

Well, I have found a workaround.  It turns out that LSynth, at least the version
embedded in LPub, doesn't process commands that are collected into an MLCAD
group.  I'm not sure why running standalone LSynth manually worked for me unless
I didn't have the groups at the time.

Of course, this makes it impossible to use the LPUB GROUP REMOVE construct to
get rid of dangly-looking loose ends when it is time to plug them into the RCX.
Perhaps fixing this can be added to the LPub/LSynth todo list.

Thanks again, Kevin, for this tool (and to all the others whose programs LPub
exploits).

-Galen