 CAD / 13378
13377  |  13379
Subject:
LSynth within LPub
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 04:36:27 GMT

LPub has helped me create building instructions for an elementary school
robotics program over the last couple of years (Many thanks, Kevin!).  I'm now
trying to show electric wires realistically on a model, but can't figure out the
LSynth support built into LPub.

How does one get the integrated LSynth to execute?  I've never been able to get
anything out of it and have to run the model through LSynth manually or with
MLCAD before loading it into LPub instead.  The description of using LSynth in
LPub is very lean, even in Kevin's book, so I have assumed it is pretty much
automatic, quietly running LSynth and generating a temporary model file to feed
to the rendering chain.  Am I missing something obvious?

My setup:
- LPub 2.4.8.0 installed in C:\Program Files\LPub
- LSynth 2.0 installed in C:\Program Files\LSynth (but is it even needed?)
- Using ldglite as my renderer (version 1.1.8)

Enable Flexible Part Synthesis is checked on the LSynth tab in LPub.

I would appreciate any guidance.

-Galen