 CAD / *33725 (-100)
  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

Hi Don, "Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam....away.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Ht8vwM.ps2@lugnet.com... (...) <SNIP> > (...) Have you ever tried to pull out a variable under MS-Windows with a length of 500 characters? Or what would happen if the (...) (21 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Create bill of materials (.TXT file)

Hi, I do have a remark, witch is at the same time a request. I'm creating a commuter train with MLCAD, and generate a parts list. This list is a common .TXT file. Now, i would like to import this file into Excel, but can't split the 'Color, Part (...) (21 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Yes, as Lars said earlier: (...) [LDraw] BaseDirectory=C:\LDraw LgeoDirectory=C:\L2P LdrawSearch="<HIDE>C...MyPrims\In Work| C:\LDrawXtra\MyParts\In Work| <MODELDIR>|<HIDE><LD...BFC\PARTS| <HIDE><P>|<PARTS>|<M...arts\Done" I like the single (...) (21 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam....away.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Ht6s7G.1792@lugnet.com... (...) major (...) ini (...) user (...) There is another disadvantage of this methode. Environment variables are very system dependend and usualy are (...) (21 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  New website: www.holly-wood.it

Hi folks, I’d like to announce the official launch of my brand new website: www.holly-wood.it Holly-Wood.it is mainly focusing on virtual building by providing software add-ons, ldraw-parts or just tips and tricks. It also offers micro-scale and (...) (21 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.microscale)

  Re: Minifig Helmets

(...) And they lived happily ever after... :-)))) (...) Chin-Guard or Chinstrap? (...) suggestion: x527 - Minifig Helmet Castle with Chinstrap and Wide Brim (...) w. (21 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: 4 Wide Monster Truck

"Jack Hawk" <jack_lego_maniac@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:20040216173125....hoo.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] I saw this model on BrickShelf over the weekend and showed it to my son (he is 9). He immediately asked if we could build one. My (...) (21 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Mac Brick CAD 2.1b1 New Release

(...) Andrew, First of all, I'll add my thanks for your continuing to develop MBC. I'm also using MacOS 10.3.2 on a 400 MHz Titanium PowerBook. Here are a few early problems/comments/suggestions: - If I close and re-open the part browser window in (...) (21 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Automated minifig walking animation include file for Povray (Was: 8002 destroyer)

Hi Tore, Thanks for your kind words. I'll look into your system once I get home later tonight and hopefully will have some comments. It does look very intriguing to say the least. And as far as replicating its functions with POVray script, I've (...) (21 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, FTX)

  Re: Minifig Helmets

(...) I'd like to reach closure on this in preparation for the next parts update. I have re-thought my decsion about 193+593 vs. 193a+193b, mainly in the light of the Classic Window discussion, where we are allowing suffices on 3DNs. And I also take (...) (21 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Naming of parts

(...) Perhaps the above mentioned (and other similar) parts would best be called "wedge plates". Wedge due to the shape and plate due to the thickness. There is such a variety of shapes and shapes there will always be exceptions to whatever (...) (21 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Automated minifig walking animation include file for Povray (Was: 8002 destroyer)

(...) I am a really impressed. But I'm still not convinced that we can make a really flexible system for animating our LDraw based models using POV's built-in animation support. The clock statement is causing me problems. A frame_index variable (...) (21 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: [request] filter for PT queue

(...) I guess you missed (URL) I have added the functionality Franklin was asking for. Strange how your reply message only appeared ~27 minutes before this response, even though it has a 14Feb date! Chris (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 4 Wide Monster Truck

(...) Thanks Jack. It's nice to hear that I'm not just throwing these thing out into the void and that someone is actually building them. I'm glad you enjoyed the build. Allister ps. I uploaded a new render this morning. My first attempt at adding (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: [request] filter for PT queue

(...) Sorry, this is not a simple change right now. I'm planning a new PT list/search page, that will have more user-centric features. Steve (21 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Mac Brick CAD 2.1b1 New Release

(...) Hi there Andrew, Yes, I'm using Mac OS X 10.3.2 with all of the updates and MBC runs fine under that, a Powerbook G4 Titanium 1GHz is my field of play... :-) I am very happy to see MBC still being under development, now us Mac users have our (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: 4 Wide Monster Truck

Allister, This was a fun build! I had to tweak things a bit to get it to work with my collection, but it is still true to your awesome design. I love the blend of technic and standard pieces. Good work and thanks for the instructions. --Jack AFOL, (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) A bit wordy, but not bad. How about a few more predefined tags for the standard directories to save environment space? Like using <P> instead of <LDRAWDIR>\P, <PARTS> instead of <LDRAWDIR>\parts, and <MODELS> instead of <LDDRAWDIR>\models? (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam....away.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Ht1H5p.1G0v@lugnet.com... <SNIP> (...) ;-)))))) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mac Brick CAD 2.1b1 New Release

(...) Hi Andrew, I just bought 10.3 (Friday), and MBC 2.2b1 runs on 10.3. Oh, no, I haven't tried it on a G5, I am still using my we little PB G3 :) Though 10.3 has really helped speed up window management operations. When I get a chance to play (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: 4 Wide Monster Truck

(...) Thanks Erik. I couldn't iamgine making a monster truck at any scale without suspension, but it did present an interesting challenge at this scale. I originally made this for my 5yo son to play with. Playable features like this are a must for (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Mac Brick CAD 2.1b1 New Release

Well after some time, vacations etc, I'm back on deck and now Mac Brick CAD (MBC) 2.1 is ready. New features include: - Full text editor - New toolbar shortcuts - A few extra commands - POV export improvements - General code updates Additionally (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Automated minifig walking animation include file for Povray (Was: 8002 destroyer)

(...) You make a good point. still ... Someone might find some use for (URL) this include file> that I just wiped up (link goes to instructions and download page); even if it only enables us to put together simple walking animations (with (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, FTX)

  Re: A Really Flexible LDraw/POV Animation System? (Was: 8002 destroyer)

(...) as (...) While this certainly has its possibilities, I'm not overly excited yet. An animation is a film, and "picking between several pre-defined choices" would pretty much take all life out of it. It's great for "mechanical" animations like (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Anyone here know someone by the name of 'Braith'?

(...) Hi All, I'm usually checking a few of the newsgroups, Cad and Australia mainly. Thanks for the kind words Trev! I'll be in touch ASAP. Cheers, Braith. (21 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  what next?...

OK, I finally figured out how to get POVRAY to generate all the snapshots ("frames") for an animated sequence. Unfortunately, I don't have any software tools to take these images and combine them into a GIF, PNG, or MPEG. What do I need to download (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: A Really Flexible LDraw/POV Animation System? (Was: 8002 destroyer)

I've modified Steve's file so that it will now pose just about any minifig you throw at it. On the negative side, the colors of the minifig's "clothing" has to bet re-set manually via variables On the positive side, it will recognize skeletons! I've (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: 4 Wide Monster Truck

(...) Hey, Great model! I like the size, it is really minifig scale. I like the suspension, usually on a model this size someone wouldn't have any suspension. Erik Bush (21 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: [request] filter for PT queue

(...) Please take a look now. There is a new link on the top of the File Queue page, named "User List". (URL) restricts the list to those files for which the currently logged-in user has not submitted a review. Only reviews since the part was last (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: [request] filter for PT queue

(...) Actually, the PT source is freely downloadable from the PT Reference section. -Orion (21 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Anyone here know someone by the name of 'Braith'?

(...) That'll probably be Braith Garden. He posts to loc.au from time to time, although not for a while. (URL) See this post> hth Allister (21 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Anyone here know someone by the name of 'Braith'?

I would really like to reach this guy because his car models are just awesome. If you are him or if you know him, contact me at tjhewer@cogeco.ca (21 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad)

  Re: [request] filter for PT queue

(...) Have you tried to ask Steve for a copy of the source code for the Parts Tracker? Then you might be able to make a preliminary implementation yourself. Play well, Jacob (21 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  4 Wide Monster Truck

Hi all. (URL) This is a little 4 wide monster truck I made a while ago. I made a cad model of it at the time, and recently pulled my finget out and made up some instructions and a hi quality render. The render took almost 15 hours on my old steam (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: [request] filter for PT queue

Pretty please?........ (21 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Very true. Perhaps you should arrange for someone to email you whenever we actually agree on something here. Since that seems to be a rare occurance, it shouldn't be much of a burden on your inbox. ;^) Hmm, that'd be a nice addition to lugnet, (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Ok, I didn't get that. But it's not a problem to change that. Finding things we or some agreed on is a hard job, when you do not know what you are looking for, and follow the discussions regulary. Michael (21 years ago, 13-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A Really Flexible LDraw/POV Animation System? (Was: 8002 destroyer)

That is very cool - combined with the minifig generator and a (potentially POVray-clock-based) keyframer, we would have a minifig animator. However, the primary function of Blobman, which is to codify "poses" into data - basically what you have (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) I disagree with the idea of platform specific solutions, especially since we're now thinking about including extra information in the list (such as directives to hide certain paths) to make it more compatible with the list used by MLCAD. If (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A Really Flexible LDraw/POV Animation System? (Was: 8002 destroyer)

(...) I am so excited about this. I went thruogh the program and discovered arrays and how they work. This is just a start. I am just learning like most others. Try it. Enter the pose you want at the top of the file. They are described. Here is the (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Perhaps the delimiter character needs to be platform dependent? I realize that's not an ideal solution for programs. But I don't think people will be shipping LDraw search path settings between OS's, so it would be alright for users. I don't (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Converting LDraw files to 3D-Studio files?

(...) I use dat2dxf and import the converted dxf file via the file > import menu into 3ds. hope it helps, w. (21 years ago, 13-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Converting LDraw files to 3D-Studio files?

(...) (URL) Leocad> will load Ldraw files and export 3Ds files. (...) Which converter are you using? (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Wine rack idea  [DAT]

A building principle idea for making a oblique lattice type wine rack with tile size (thin) planks and brick wide spacing. Further expanation and pictures can be found in this tread: (URL) friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. 0 Winerack from Tiles 0 (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.ideas)

  Converting LDraw files to 3D-Studio files?

Is it possible at all to convert LDraw files to 3D-Studio files? I have used 3D-studio for some time (and rendered animations and still pictures with POV-Ray), and I would like to make the animation in 3D-Studio since I am most familar with the (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: A Really Flexible LDraw/POV Animation System? (Was: 8002 destroyer)

(...) Thanks for the link. I downloaded and ran this program. Very cool. Looked at the codes and I think I can get this to work for minifigs. Wish me luck. (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: A Really Flexible LDraw/POV Animation System? (Was: 8002 destroyer)

In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson wrote: <snip> (...) While not exactly geared towards animation, Blobman for POVray uses a format that might come handy for poses (specially using minifigs). Those poses could then be made into keyframes, with POVray (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: gmax

(...) What about this? (URL) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

As has already been stated, Willy asked if I could add a feature to LDView to allow it to view models that are created in MLCad using the new feature of the MLCad beta version. It seemed like a reasonable request, so I added the feature, which made (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: gmax

(...) You can use DAT2DXF or 3DWin found here: (URL) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  gmax

Is there a file format that an Ldraw file can be rendered to that can be read into GMAX. The GMAX import option lists: AutoCad DXF 3d studio project files (.prj) 3d studio Shp (shape file) The reason I ask is if you can bet a rendered model into (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Starsky and Hutch hovercar

(...) Thanks everyone. I always admired how Travis included CAD models of many of his mocs. Nothing helps my appreciation of a model more than being able to see it from inside to out. Usually the cleverest building techniques are hidden from view. (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, lugnet.org.scibrick, FTX)

  Re: LDraw.org Bylaws: Call for Ratification

(...) If you having trouble with the poll link provided above, you can link to the poll via the article on LDraw.org: (URL) -Orion (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) So, it seems like the search candidates are: <MODELDIR> (of the currently loaded model (PROJECTDIR)) <LDRAWDIR>\P <LDRAWDIR>\PARTS <LDRAWDIR>\MODELS <LDRAWDIR>\AnotherDir <LDRAWDIR>\AnotherDir\SubDir C:\LDrawXtra\MyParts\In Work (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw.org Bylaws Draft v.4

(...) The election will be run similarly to the LSC election last year: the pool of candidates will be presented and you will vote for your top 5. -Orion (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Bylaws Draft v.4

The bylaws look good, sorry if this has been asked before. In the stearing committee election can you vote more than once for the same candidate?. This is a feature you sometimes see in "elect a group" type elections. Perhaps the bylaws should (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) [snip] (...) Yes, I thought we agreed on that long ago (URL) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) I think old Mac's (before MacOSX) use : as directory delimiter. (...) Only the specified directories. It's up to you to specify e.g. LDRAWPOSTDIRS=C:\Som...eDir\PARTS /Lars (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDraw.org Bylaws: Call for Ratification

Since the LDraw.org Bylaws Drafts have been posted and publicly discussed, and since by peoples' silence, there appear to be no more lingering objections, I hereby call for a community vote to ratify these drafts as the official Bylaws of the LDraw (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX) !

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Since MLCAD is for fun, you should work on it in whatever way makes you happy. I guess you'll have to weigh the enjoyment you get from freely implementing your own standards against any disappointment you may feel if everyone doesn't agree (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) I think that in general it would be a bad idea to put anything like this in ldconfig.ldr. The reason is that this file is distributed with parts updates, so shouldn't contain anything specific to your particular system. Otherwise you have to (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A Really Flexible LDraw/POV Animation System? (Was: 8002 destroyer)

I think that you have great ideas. I feel that ld4d modeler is on the right track. What I envision is some kind of spread sheet listing each moving part (arm,leg,head) where you can enter a value for each frame. (ex. a dump truck has a bucket. at (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam....away.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Hsxs1M.rIC@lugnet.com... <SNIP> (...) Ok right, but when I start discussing new features I'm going to implement there will be a much bigger delay in new MLCad version than we (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) I agree, however I'd like to point out that you could have started a discussion here, before inventing your own personal solution. That's what this forum is for. Getting back to your example, I have some questions. Are all of those paths (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

Hi, Just to give my two cents ... "Lars C. Hassing" <sp.lars@am.hassings.dk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Hsw4I7.MxC@lugnet.com... (...) search paths for parts. (...) usual ones. LDView got its implementation after a preview release of MLCAD 3.01, (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Numbers Report - 11 Feb 2004

Section Totals 218 certified files. 270 files need admin review. 486 files need more votes. 493 have uncertified subfiles. 130 held files. Total Files: 1,597 Comparison with Prev. Report: 2004-02-11: 218 / 270 / 486 / 493 / 130 (1,597) 2003-12-30: (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) No, because you already need the LDRAWDIR environment variable, or ldraw.ini, or some other OS specific method to find the LDRAW directory. And since directory paths have filesystem dependent quirks, it's probably best to keep them out of (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) just for the record. first time I came across custom folder support was in mid november 2003 doing betatesting for mlcad's new release. for me one of the most significant improvements in 3.01 'cos for the first time I could separate unofficial (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  A Really Flexible LDraw/POV Animation System? (Was: 8002 destroyer)

(...) I started out on my LDA, but then came Lani and LD4D and I thought they were going to make all kinds of animation easier. I was disappointed with LDA; it never became as modular as my vision was as the beginning of the project so I haven't (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Hey, you're right. I wonder how the Windows PATH variable handles that. Probably it just doesn't work... Anyhow, the unix PATH variable uses ':' as the delimiter (at least with the bash shell). So maybe '|' is better, even though you need to (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 8002 destroyer driod animated (partially)

(...) I can't believe you did this without having the physical model. I have the set, and from what I can recall, you've done very well in animating its true (theoretical) movements. The real thing is quite snappy, or not. Sometimes the thing would (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Starsky and Hutch hovercar

(...) He would have indeed....beautiful model and render. This might be something to keep around for any Trav Tribute things that come along...x-posting to scibrick. Cheers, -G (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, lugnet.org.scibrick, FTX)

  Re: 8002 destroyer driod animated (partially)

(...) Thanks for the compliment. I am just using the clock in povray. Calculating the movements for each part. It is one ldraw file. I wish there was an easier way. Steve (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 8002 destroyer driod animated (partially)

(...) Great stuff! Are you using the (URL) Sim-POV mechanics simulation system> integrated in (URL) Megapov>? (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 8002 destroyer driod animated (partially)

(...) Beautiful. What's even more impressive is you telling us you don't even have the set! I have a hard time figuring out the mechanism by looking at the thing, imagine doing it just by looking at the instructions. This is the best star wars (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: Starsky and Hutch hovercar

Hi Allister, Very nice instruction set. The SNOT is very interesting, I can say today I learned something. Thanks for taking the time to do this and share it! JP. (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: 8002 destroyer driod animated (partially)

(...) That is very cool, but look at the rest of his folder (URL) Gary (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  LDraw.org Bylaws Draft v.4

This is a re-post of the bylaws draft, correcting the (URL) oversight Ross Crawford pointed out>, and correcting a mistake I caught in Subsection 6.03(e). In that section, we neglected to change "Executive Committee" to "Steering Committee," after (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: Starsky and Hutch hovercar

(...) That's really awesome. Travis would have loved it. -Grand Admiral .space Curator (URL) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Starsky and Hutch hovercar

Update: Travis was known to include cad models and high quality renders of his hovermocs. In that grand tradition, I've recently uploaded some renders of my Starsky and Hutch hovercar. (URL) pic 1> (URL) pic 2> I've also uploaded some (URL) I (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: 8002 destroyer driod animated (partially)

(...) Wow, great! How did you do that? Did you make one LDraw model a frame or did you use the built-in animation features of POV? Or any method unknown to me? /Tore (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Sure, I just chose | because ; is allowed in filenames. /Lars (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  8002 destroyer driod animated (partially)

Finished the first phase of this animation. Takes a while to get the timing right. I am going to have it roll toward the screen and transform.. Maybe next week. (URL) I dont have this set so I had to try to figure out how it worked from the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) I like this idea. Can you support delimiting paths by ';' instead of '|'? ';' is more in line with the delimitation in the PATH environment varible. -Orion (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

Several users have asked for an option to L3P for specifying additional search paths for parts. LDView already has implemented "Extra Search Dirs" to search after the usual ones. I think it would be of common interest and for the benefit of the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  [request] filter for PT queue

I just tried going through the Queue on the Parts Tracker ("(URL) trying to find files I haven't already reviewed. I gave up after the first thirty to forty or so files that I'd already reviewed but had forgotten about. I gave up because I was out (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Bylaws Draft v.3

(...) Thanks for catching this, Ross. -Tim (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: LDraw.org Bylaws Draft v.3

(...) I believe this should be 6.05? (...) ROSCO (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  LDraw.org Bylaws Draft v.3

This is a re-post of the bylaws draft, adding a new Section 6.02 and 6.05 (causing some clauses to be re-numbered), per discussion here: (URL) This copy of the draft supercedes the draft this message is in reply to. If there are any modifications to (...) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: Automatic unofficial part detection?

(...) We have an unofficial convention for change history in the headers, but that is not necessary to keep track of versions - and can get a little unwieldy. Since the advent of the Parts Tracker (for update 2001-01), new or amended official parts (...) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Automatic unofficial part detection?

(...) One way to solve both these problems would be to include a comment line for each revision in the header. Eg. 0 Revision: Part renumbered from 1234.dat Date: 1.2.2004. Author: John Citizen When it becomes an official update simply swap out (...) (21 years ago, 8-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Minifig Ice Pick

(...) Thanks Andy. Take care. (21 years ago, 8-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Access to a wide-format printer?

(...) Just a heads-up, my printing needs have been filled. Many thanks to all of you who offered to help. I really appreciate it. -Tim (21 years ago, 8-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Automatic unofficial part detection?

(...) Yes, they do already. - from update 1997-01 to 2000-01 new official parts _usually_ have, in the header 0 Official LCad ..... or if they are corrections to the original library 0 Original LDraw Part YYYY-RR - for update 2000-02 the header (...) (21 years ago, 8-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Minifig Ice Pick

(...) I don't think there is any unofficial version of this available. I've been thinking of making this part, since I got a set with one at Christmas. But I don't know when I'd get to it. If any other part author makes it first, you should note (...) (21 years ago, 8-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Automatic unofficial part detection?

(...) Would that then imply that while you were tinkering with an existing part, you'd have to remove that line when first uploading to the Parts Tracker, and it would get added back in as it got released into an update? Or am I misunderstanding (...) (21 years ago, 8-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Automatic unofficial part detection?

(...) Instead, can we not ensure that every official part has a line "0 Official LDraw part" or some such in the header? That way, it would be possible to just scan for that header, and you'd know whether the part is official or not. Only problem is (...) (21 years ago, 8-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Automatic unofficial part detection?

Thanks for the info, Orion. I have to say I much prefer to create a 100% official ldraw setup to test the files and have the "working one" with official and non-official parts mixed up. For all my purposes (except when actually distributing the (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Animation posted now

Hi again Mike, Very nice animation - I love the op-art background 8?) You should consider downloading windows binaries of the open source (URL) Xvid Codec> (and maybe (URL)) and re-enconde your avis before you distribute them. Xvid can knock well (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation, FTX)

  Re: Automatic unofficial part detection?

(...) You can put them in the MODELS directory. The drawback to this is that you see all the unofficial primitives as well but this is practically insignificant. The proper process to do this is: 1. Download the ldrawunf.zip 2. Unzip in a convenient (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact