 CAD / 11066
Re: Automatic unofficial part detection?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 22:57:01 GMT

Thanks for the info, Orion.

I have to say I much prefer to create a 100% official ldraw setup to test the
files and have the "working one" with official and non-official parts mixed up.
For all my purposes (except when actually distributing the model files), I could
not care less whether a part is official or not. If I use it in my model, I'd
like to have it for the Ldraw file. If it exists, I'll use it in whatever stage
of development it is. One benefit of of working this way is that when I download
the official updates, the unofficial parts get automatically overwritten and all
the models that use them are also updated.

But as I said earlier, that is not an ideal solution either.