 CAD / 11063
Re: Automatic unofficial part detection?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 16:25:13 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Miguel Agullo wrote:
Hi all,

Some visitors to my site have asked whether it'd be possible to include in the
ldraw model files that I provide the unofficial parts used in them. As this is a
very sensible request, I was wondering if there is any way to do this
automatically (i.e. an app that compares the parts used in a model with the
latest official library). If not, is anybody working on something along these
lines?

One obvious solution is to have a 100% official "parallel" ldraw setup which
would flag all unofficial parts when I load the model in it. However, this is
far from clean.

Play well!

You could just MPD the model.  MPDWorkshop will include in the MPD any parts
that are not in the P or PARTS folders.  This is how I distribute my models the
official sets.  Note that this will only work if you haven't mixed the
unofficial parts in with the official parts library (which is not recommended).

-Orion