 CAD / 11062
11061  |  11063
Subject:
Automatic unofficial part detection?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 15:57:27 GMT

Hi all,

Some visitors to my site have asked whether it'd be possible to include in the
ldraw model files that I provide the unofficial parts used in them. As this is a
very sensible request, I was wondering if there is any way to do this
automatically (i.e. an app that compares the parts used in a model with the
latest official library). If not, is anybody working on something along these
lines?

One obvious solution is to have a 100% official "parallel" ldraw setup which
would flag all unofficial parts when I load the model in it. However, this is
far from clean.

Play well!