 Announcements / 1046 (-100)
  The Last Teaser

My friends, I give you the last teaser. No, not the last teaser forever, though I'm sure most of you are wishing it were. I give you the last teaser, and the last thing that will be added to my website, for many months to come. For you see, the (...) (23 years ago, 19-Apr-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

  NGLTC presenting at the Georgia LEGO Outlet Store

The North Georgia LEGO Train Club ((URL) will be presenting a layout, at the LEGO Outlet store located at the North Georgia Premium Outlet Mall, on Saturday May 26th (Memorial Day weekend). If you are in the area on Memorial Day weekend please come (...) (23 years ago, 17-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.announce)

  logo and t-shirt for BrickFest

WAMALUG would like to extend the invitation to all those AFOL's that are graphically inclined to submit their ideas/artwork for use in BrickFest 2001. We are looking for a Logo and Image that will appeal to the broadest spectrum of LEGO fans that (...) (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events) !

  New wallpaper, new models

Hey folks, I've uploaded another new wallpaper to my website, plus about 247,000 metric tonnes of previously unpublished mecha and such. (1) Check out my new wallpaper, "Angel of Destruction", and its POV-Ray source code, here: (URL) peruse a bunch (...) (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.announce) !

  DixieLUG meeting, 21 April 2001

Ok, here's the final announcement. there is a DixieLUG upcoming. WHAT: DixieLUG meeting WHEN: 21 April 2001, 11:00am ~ 7:00pm (I guess) WHERE: Eric Harshbarger's house (in Auburn, AL -- email me for specifics) I think about 7-8 folks have responded (...) (23 years ago, 13-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.us.dixielug, lugnet.loc.us.al, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.tn, lugnet.loc.us.ms, lugnet.announce)

  BrickFest 2001

www.brickfest.com Activities Brick Play Area Big Train/Town layout BrickWars Pirate Game Robotics MOC's Castle World Classic sets display Workshops Stop motion animation Large sculptures and mosaics building Roundtable discussion on train shows (...) (23 years ago, 12-Apr-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.fun, lugnet.games, lugnet.org.us.wamalug) !!

  Enter the Dragon

You must fwow wike the wata.... My friends, I have added a page to my site devoted to my dragon MOC. 4 feet long, a 4 foot wing span, she is a sight to see. There is a link on my main page now, to the page. There are 13 detailed pictures of the (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish) !

  BLAST update! Thumbnails and new creations.

I finally got around to adding thumbnails to BLAST, as well as several new creations, including a support mecha, 4 combat mecha, a V/TOL attack aircraft and an infantry robot. But before that, I want to thank everyone for their comments and (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Stingray Warriors and Thunder Beasts- MOCs.

(URL) (23 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic.slizer, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha)

  New Mosaic from TRU visit: Pikachu

Well, my trip to TRU (as I announced earlier this week on the BLOC newsgroup) was pretty successful. I spent 3.5 hours at my local Toys'R'Us, working on a new mosaic while I was there. The results of that are shown on this page: (URL) looks like the (...) (23 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.bloc, lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle) !

  New MOC

I've posted up my new moc on my website at www.minifig.co.uk I've got a few more additions to make to the site over the next week or so keep a look out :) James (23 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.announce)

  My first MOC: Animal Sculptures

Hey! This is my first post to Lugnet. My brother took some pictures of my two life- size LEGO cats and my mini LEGO elephant and we decided to post the pictures on Brickshelf. (URL) first creation: a grey elephant. It's minifig size. I made it about (...) (23 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.general) !!

  Looking for interested AFOL's

Is there anybody in the Minneapolis/St. Paul/Western Wisconsin area who might want to get together and form TCLUG (Twin Cities Lego Users Group)? We don't have to have regular meetings or anything to start, we could start by meeting at a toy store (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.announce)

  A fun announcemert

Hello all, I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this or brought it up. If so I appologize it advance. However, I thought it was interesting when I was looking at one of my Alpha Team sets and noticed that the villian's name is Ogel. I looked at it for (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.announce) !

  New House

I know how much everyone loves those gray droid escape 1/4 round pieces. Here's a new house that uses them as a central tower. I didn't get time to furnish it yet, but will do that soon! (Need brown pieces) Click on the link under the picture to get (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.announce) !!

  Pokemon Lego sculpture

I built these models a couple of months ago, but I've been dragging my feet about getting pictures on the web. However, I brought them to the BayLUG meeting this past weekend, and as a result pictures of them have made it onto the club website. To (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.org.us.baylug) !

  New Sculpture/Mosaic: Cleveland Indians Mascot

Right on the heels of Eric H.'s latest sculpture (and my Maven espionage plane as well)comes my latest little work, a mosaic of Chief Wahoo, the Cleveland Indians Mascot, in honor of the 100th year of the team's existance as a franchise. (URL) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general) !!

  LEGO DNA Sculpture

A while back a number of 'mathematically inclined' LEGO models were posted and generated a lot of interest. Here's my contribution to such a theme: (URL) ---...--- Eric Harshbarger / eric@ericharshbarger.org / www.ericharshbarger.org "Oh please, if (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build) !!

  More new pics of 2001 stuff

J.T. Puffins has a bunch of pictures and prices for sets scheduled for release in the upcoming months. Check this out: (URL) Harry Potter section is empty at the moment, but there are pictures and prices of 8 new dinosaur sets, 5 new racers sets (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.announce) !!

  LDraw MOTM winner for April 2001

Well here it is, April Fools day, and I have to announce a winner to a contest. Sounds like a setup, doesn't it? But all joking aside, the winner for this month is Brad Hamilton. This is Brad's second win with his awesome architecture. Way to go (...) (24 years ago, 1-Apr-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !

  New MOC: Giant Spaceplane!

My spaceplane (which some of you may have been following in my Brickshelf folder) is complete! A full 110 studs wide and as long, this spaceplane is chock full of details. Well, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves: (URL) Lambrecht (...) (24 years ago, 1-Apr-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build)

  BrickDreams - An Informal Site Survey

The purpose of this survey is to assess what other AFOLs would like to see on the BrickDreams site. BrickDreams has been incredibly successful, with over 1000 first-time visitors in the first week, and I would like some community guidance before I (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce)

  Lego accessories for the photographer

Some of you may remember PanoBot, a Lego robotized panoramic head (Cool Lego Site of the week December 17–23, 2000) ... here are new avatars of Lego accessories for the photographer: A turntable for VR-object shooting (animation of a rotating (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics)

  next BayLUG meeting

I would like to remind everyone about the next BayLUG meeting. We will be back at the Fukaya room at the Fremont library, on March 31, from 10-4. For more info, check out the BayLUG homepage at (2 URLs) for maps/directions... Russell Clark, (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  MOC 1966 Chevelle

I've finally posted pictures of my chevelle on Brickself. (URL) features: Technic V-8 engine with rotating fan, belt driven alternator and power steering pump. Dual exhaust. Full working suspension and steering. Tilt front hood. Reclining seats. (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce) !

  New: Stickfig-scale mecha wallpaper

Hey all, I have just put some finishing touches on this site, and I feel that it is ready for prime-time. It is my pleasure to announce my Stickfig-scale mecha wallpaper: (URL) for your perusal are three wallpaper-sized images depicting some of my (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space) !!

  BrickDreams Update: Scene #8 Released

After several false starts and *60 hours* of render time, BrickDreams Scene #8 is finally finished. IMO it is my best one yet. Also, all of the other scenes on BrickDreams have been "re-mastered" from the original tiff file, and are now available on (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.ray) !

  Town Building Contest - Special Category results

Here's a partial listing of the special category results for the contest. It turned out to be a very time consuming job doing the judging, so not every special category has a result. If I get more in later, I will post them. The contest home page is (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  April MOTM voting

Whoa! Almost spaced it! But here they are, pick and choose wisely.... (URL) Terry K -- (24 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  BLAST debut

Hello everyone, I am posting my very first message to Lugnet in order to debut my Lego website called B.L.A.S.T. (Bureau of Lego Armed Services Technology). I created B.L.A.S.T. to showcases my various original Lego creations based on a futuristic (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  April Fools Day is coming

To All, Warning: April Fools Day is one week away. That means you should expect to be fooled by someone on April 1 (Sunday). Be prepared. And keep in mind that the Internet spans 24 time zones; a post made by someone early in the morning in their (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.people, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.announce) !!

  Calling it Quits

After much consideration, I've decided to call it quits. Perhaps it's just old age, or maybe I'm just losing interest. Regardless, I've decided to sell off my collection. I really want to thank everyone for all their support. LEGO has brought me (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce) !!

  Newsgroup for Harry Potter!

A new newsgroup for LEGO®/Harry Potter® has been created. CHARTER/PURPOSE ===...=== -> lugnet.harrypotter (group): LEGO®/Harry Potter®: products (information, opinions, reviews, licensing issues, etc.); building (settings, contexts, characters, (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Hyperion is complete

Our newest addition to the fleet has been completed. Please take a look at it's Unclassified Databank. It's I.E. 5 only (sorry non i.e. browsers (1)). This is my first try at (homemade) dynamic html and javascript. (Watch the back button) Please (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce) !!

  New Scenes at BrickDreams, and Thanks

Scene #7 has now been released, and you can see a preview of Scene #8, which is currently burning away in Bryce on my other computer. I estimate the scene will be finished in about 16 hours, give or take a few. The 128x96 preview image alone took (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.ray)

  The Inn of the Waiting Wolf

Greetings all... Every town needs a good Inn, and I think I have made a good start on one with this construction. I offer for your approval the Inn of the Waiting Wolf. Travellers from all over the realm look forward to sheltering under its roof, (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build) !

  DixieLUG meeting (!)

Ok, folks, this is fair warning: looks like we will actually have another DixieLUG meeting at my house in a month. WHEN: 21 April 2001 WHERE: Eric Harshbarger's House (email me for directions) Please RSVP (to the group, I guess) so I can know how (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.dixielug, lugnet.loc.us.al, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.tn, lugnet.loc.us.ms, lugnet.announce) !

  New Website - More LEGO Desktop Themes

I've uploaded a new site called BrickDreams, featuring the 2x4 brick desktop themes I rendered in Bryce. I've rendered a couple new ones since my initial post on Monday, including one with a black background, per Tom Stangl's request for such. (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce)

  BricWorx - Grand Opening

Dwayne Towell and Steve Barile are proud to announce the grand opening of BricWorx, a new, online company selling custom models with an emphasis on trains. With the increasing number of bulk elements available we strive to design models that can be (...) (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.shopping) !

  Town Building contest results

Here are the results of the Town Building Contest voting. I've listed first, second and third places in each category, with the number of votes for each winning entry and the percentage of votes for each entry of those cast in that category. To see (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains) !!

  LAST DAY FOR VOTING - Town building contest

Just a reminder that your votes need to be in by midnight PST tonight (that's 3am EST on Saturday :-) ). If you haven't registered with me and you want to vote, do it ASAP! See (URL) how to register, and (URL) for links to all the entries. Kevin (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  My Storage Labels

After I posted information about my storage system (particularly the labels I have created for each drawer), many people asked if I could make .JPG's of the images available. (URL) graphics were originally done in Corel Draw! 9, but I converted each (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.announce) !

  MOC: 61001 - Heavy Scooper

Hey all... Here's a little set I made a couple of weeks ago. It's based on some of the core elements of the 6474, but it clocks in at about 180 pieces (almost 4 times the 6474's count). 61001 - Heavy Scooper (URL) model features a much more solid (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce)

  BLOC Membership Offer

Due to some privacy concerns and vanished emails, I'm requesting that anyone who'd like to be listed as a member of the Buckeye LEGO Owner's Club email me. Thanks, Gino A. Melone webmaster@bloconline.org gmelone@bloconline.org (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.bloc, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.announce)

  Pictures from BLOC meeting in Cleveland, March 10, 2001

Well, we were SUPPOSED to Brik War, but nobody really felt like it. So we built instead! My Pictures: (URL) Pictures: (URL) built the yellow / black / trans blue tower and the monorail car. Adrian built the trans green and black tower. I built the (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.bloc, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle)

  My Lego Video Page

Very short lego videos, hope you enjoy. (URL) you make lego videos for the web, please join the lego video webring at that page. I'm new to Lugnet, so if people who do lego video have a hangout here... please let me know :-) Scott. (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce) !

  Soaking Wet

As a tribute to my favorite theme, I've created Soaking Wet, a guide to Aquazone MOCs and information. (URL) will attempt to update the page with each announcement of new MOCs or aquazone sites. Please have a look. If you would like to be added to (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.publish) !

  Contest Info and IP Address change

howD all, my site Et in Arcadia Lego has changed to (URL) update your bookmarks also, info about my contest as well as the original post i posted to lugnet have been added to the "News" page thx much -paul (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.underground)

  New LUG

Well, BLOC is now more or less official. The Buckeye LEGO Owner's Club would like to announce (URL) BTW, Todd, I guess this means we want a LUG group. Thanks, Gino A... (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.oh) !

  One more scanned ad from 1961 uploaded

Today, I recieved the final missing issues of the Swedish Disney Comics of year 1961. There was one more LEGO ad so I scanned it and uploaded to brickshelf. (URL) revolutionary: * Basic set * Aeroplane * Boat(-s?) * Town Plan * Accessory sets 218, (...) (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.brickshelf, lugnet.general)

  BLOC gathering to BrikWar! (March 10) Come Join the Battle!

The Cleveland area members of BLOC are gathering again on March 10, this time to BrikWars! The meeting will be at my house, starting around 1:00pm (these gatherings never start on time, we just blame it on Gino). If you need directions to my house, (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general) !

  Et in Arcadia Lego Non-Violent Minifig Space MOC Contest

howD all, i've decided to host a contest :-) this is my first one and so i've drawn up this post directly from Mark's contest last august. so here goes: ---...--- Et in Arcadia Lego Non-Violent Minifig Space MOC Contest ---...--- With all the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  BrickFest 2001

The Washington DC Area Lego Users Group would like to announce BrickFest 2001. What: BrickFest 2001 When: July 13-15, 2001 Where: Washington DC, USA (Arlington, VA) Web : (URL) to expect: mindstorms demos and competitions, brikwars, pirate wars, (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.org, lugnet.fun, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.md) !!

  NEW Doctor Who Lego - The 8th Doctor

www.multiboard.com/~marlon Just updated my Lego page with my rendition of the 8th Doctor, Paul McGann. Don't forget to check out my AC-DC Lego, Star Wars Wrestling Movie, Lego Guitar and more! (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce)

  LUGCO - New LUG for Central Oklahoma area.

Hello, I'm here to announce the formation of a new LUG in the Central Oklahoma area. LUGCO - Lego Users Group of Central Oklahoma Currently we are only a handful of members strong, but are actively seeking more members. Membership is free and open (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce) !

  Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

I'd like to kick off a discussion about the current state of the newsgroup structure here -- missing groups, unnecessary, groups, annoyingly or confusingly named groups, etc. The goal of this discussion is to come away with a list of practical (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.off-topic.debate) !!

  New newsgroup for LEGO sightings/appearances in the media

We're pleased to announce the creation of a new discussion area for sightings of the LEGO Company, its products, and the community in the media (TV, movies, print media, etc.). Any time you see LEGO mentioned in the media (anywhere worldwide), feel (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.publish, lugnet.announce) !

  Mega-Bloks (Ritvik) is watching

Just thought I'd pass this along... Someone wrote today and mentioned that they'd recently got a job with Mega Bloks (Ritvik Holdings, Inc.) as a model builder. They were asking if they needed to modify their posting sig to note this fact. I said (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands) !

  64 1/2 Ford Mustang Convertible

Here's the link to a 64 1/2 Ford Mustang Convertible I made a few weeks ago. It's been up at Brickshelf for a while, but I just got around to posting it here. It's my first (and only, as of now) attempt at building a car. Enjoy, and LMKWYT. link: (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.modelteam) !

  Keppler Industries back online with no more ads + a new MOC!

My site at mediaone is back online, so if you refused to visit back when I had it up temporairly on a free server with ads, now's the time to visit! I made a new MOC to celebrate the occasion! The R-406 Dasher, a small, agile atmospheric racer: (URL) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish)

  Marlons Lego Page Take 2

Doh! I really am not having a good day! The url is: www.multiboard.com/~marlon Sorry! I was dropped on my head alot when I was a kid! Marlon (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce)

  Introducing Marlons Lego Page!

I'd just like to introduce my Lego Page! It includes Doctor Who, AC-DC, Star Wars, 007, a Lego Guitar, and Stompin' Tom Connors Lego, with more on the way! (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce)

  March 2001 ldraw.org MOTM winner

Ryan Dennett races to a win... A second win of the MOTM goes to Ryan and his "Corvette Country Road". And for the second month, the winner is an auto-themed entry - how interesting. (URL) Terry K -- (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  New newsgroup lugnet.build.ancient

lugnet.build.ancient has also now been added. New info below... (...) -> lugnet.build.ancient (group): Ancient settings: creations, ideas, architecture, peoples, history, etc. (...) news://lugnet.com/lu...ld.ancient or (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.announce)

  CLSotW Nomination for The ABC Showcase

In case anyone had tried to visit my web site by way of the Cool LEGO Site of the Week page and was frustrated by the bad link there (yet again), the correct address for The Animated Brick Company Showcase is: (URL) previously announced, Episode 5: (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.animation)

  MOC: Tower crane

Hi all, Here's my latest technic creation a tower crane. Yeah, I know there's been a lot of cranes lately, but here it is anyway: www.lugnet.com/~469/...towercrane Enjoy! ROSCO I've set follow-ups to .general, .technic, .loc.au - please trim as (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.au)

  Town building contest voting open again - registration info

So, I got some of my pending real life stuff off my plate and it's time to get the voting moving again. Thanks to everyone who posted here and emailed me with suggestions - they were read, marked, learned and inwardly digested :-) and this is the (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.contests) !

  New Web site

Good morning to all, I finally have a web site in some semblance of a site. Most of the content is in the castle branch of the site. I worked with Any Krug from Kansas, I live in Minnesota, to build a world called The Land of SparrowHawk. There are (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce)

  Marsbase update...new mecha

Posting in a few different places...followups to build.mecha. There is a new mecha on Marsbase. Check out: (URL) be aware if you view the gallery pics, they are each +200k. Thanks, Ben (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce, lugnet.space)

  LEGO STARWARS SITE IN DISNEY ADVENTURES MAGAZINE!

Disney Adventures magizine had a short paragraph in their Technomania section about a lego starwars sight with about 180 re-created scenes, all made with legos! The site is (URL) . The exclimation point may not be part of the adress (I havent gone (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce)

  Saint Louis Train/Users Group

Anyone in the Saint Louis area interested in starting a LTC or a LUG? I have been trying to start one but have not been very successful. There were two of us, but the other had to drop out. The only things we have done are to get a name CMLUG (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.mo.stl) !

  8 wide '69 Dodge Charger

I couldn't resist :) Once I had an idea for the front grill, I couldn't leave it at that, so I finished the car instead of working on my spaceliner. As always, please LMKWYT! Please rate the model and let me know if there are some other views you (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.modelteam) !!

  How to make a Palm VII case out of Lego!!!

Just saw this in March 2001 Pen Computing magazine. Tijer Tsou, a clothing designer, has created a Lego case for her Palm VII PDA. You can see it at (URL) The case is 100% Lego elements. All external buttons work, and the antenna retracts. It's not (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build) !

  LEGO Cool Kids - looking for innovative kids

My name is Ari Vena and I am an associate producer with LEGO Direct. Recently we launched Cool Kids, an area of LEGO.com featuring kids (8-14years old)who are making great strides in their particular talents or areas of interest, whether they be (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

  March 2001 ldraw.org MOTM voting

Here goes, (URL) out and vote.... -- Terry K -- (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Pictures from my trip to Legoland, Billund 2000

Better late than never... :o) (URL) Legoland, Billund, there were many huge, impressive creations. But with the cheap, one-time camera I bought at the park - I had decided not to have any camera, but changed my mind when I got there - I decided to (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: Keppler Industries/High Velocity LEGO down until March 1

I finished mirroring my site to tripod. Like the page says, some links at the bottom of some pages don't work, but you should still be able to find your way around. I'm sorry about the banners, but this is temporary... URL: (URL) Velocity (...) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.announce, lugnet.space)

  One Full-Size Lego Darth Vader SOLD!!!!!

Hi everyone! I thought this was kind of interesting so I'm posting it. Some of you may remember when I posted a message saying I could get a FULL SIZE Lego Darth Vader. You may also remember that there were only 3 in the world and each going for (...) (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: LEGO on TV (Was:Re: The Kujawa Tower)

(...) Have any other LUGNET member creations been on TV before??? (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce)

  Keppler Industries/High Velocity LEGO down until March 1

Quote: "Dear MediaOne Express Customer, Your web hosting area at /kindustries/ is allotted 262144000 bytes of bandwidth. You are currently over this limit. Your web site has been turned off and will be re-activated at the beginning of next month. If (...) (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.publish, lugnet.announce)

  Town contest voting temporarily closed

We have another "spike" problem, this time even more blatant, on Ahui Herrera's A&M Train Station. Between last night and this morning, more than 30 votes were cast for this model (out of less than 40 total cast) in all the special categories. (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.contests)

  Town Building Contest - voting

Well, we had a "blip" in the voting process but I'm satisfied that it was caused by a misunderstanding rather than an intent to cheat. Since at this point only about 40 people have voted I think once everyone who entered, and lots (I hope) of (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.contests)

  Town building contest voting - possible problem

Unfortunately, it looks as if someone is stuffing the voting already. Would people who have already voted, email me and say how they voted, especially in the Fire Apparatus, Small Buildings, and Best Use of Color categories, to give me a bit of a (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.contests)

  Town Building Contest: Voting now open

NOTE: I have moved some entries into new categories in order to make the numbers more manageable. The super-scale cars are now together in what was "Macro Scale". Small Vehicles has been broken up into Fire Apparatus (along with a couple of 8-wides (...) (24 years ago, 18-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains) !

  LDraw.org Official Model Repository Standards

Ok, I have made some changes to the OMR Standards based on the feedback that has been given. If there is no major objections than this is how the Standard will remain, but as always feedback is nescessary for things to work well. I think that most (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Town contest entries now closed - Voting begins Feb 18th

At close of entries last night, this is what we have: Town Layout (13) Diorama (13) Large building (31) Medium building (36) Small building (30) Small vehicles (61) Large vehicles (37) Small Aircraft (13) Large Aircraft (10) Small Boats/ships (4) (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains) !

  Last day for entries in Town Building Contest

Entries need to be in by midnight PST tonight! Send them by email please, I don't want to miss any postings by accident: for more details, check the contest page at (URL) Lego Kits & Custom models: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Lego auctions: (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  New FTX page of Plasticity

Several rations of midnight oil are spent, but I finally finished documenting my new town layout for Kevin Wilson's Town building contest: (URL) - Andreas Stabno (Category: Town Layout) A smiling community with a little something for everyone. Come (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.publish) !

  The BlockCAD Gallery has been updated!

The BlockCAD Gallery has finally been updated again, with more pictures of models made by BlockCAD users all around the globe. The pages has also been reorganized a bit, so anyone keeping a link to the old page should update it: (URL) personal (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce)

  Six Entries for Town Contest

My entries for Kevin Wilson's Town building contest. (URL) Oli's Italian Restaurant - Mark Chan (Category: Small Building) Ms. Oli's Italian Restaurant features fine dining in a casual, yet romantic atmosphere. Try our brick oven pizza, homeade (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.town) !

  Town building contest: getting close to the wire - please check entries already entered

Just reminding everyone that the last entry date for the Town building contest is Feb 15th (specifically, midnight PST on that day). Please, email me rather than posting to the newsgroup (it's much more certain that I'll get your entry) and give me (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.contests) !

  Technic Tank Treads/Coveyer belt!

if you are looking for technic tank treads/coveyer belts go here: ( (URL) ), copy and paste whats in between the ()'s, just make sure you get it all! The shipping is a little steep ($6), so it may be good to order more than one set. Josh (24 years ago, 11-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.announce, lugnet.dacta, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

  [rtlToronto] Less than a week to rtlToronto7, The Plastic Dust is Normal

rtlToronto 7: The Plastic Dust is Normal! Saturday February 17th, 2001, 10AM Competitors, 1PM Audience Lillian H Smith Branch, Toronto Public Library 239 College St, Toronto. Just west of St George and east of Spadina. Hi folks, Only one week left (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events)

  6769 Fort Legoredo on sale at Shop At Home!!

Great News! I just wanted to pass on some good news. I was just told that we have 86 6769 Fort Legoredo sets in stock at Shop at Home! As a service to the LUGNET community, I wanted to announce this here first in order to give you all first crack at (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.announce) !!

  The Animated Brick Co. Showcase Presents...

The Animated Brick Company Showcase is happy to announce that “Episode 5: The SuperNerds” is now being broadcast at the web site. This episode of the Showcase features, along with a new opening title sequence, the following four LEGO stop motion (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce)

  Republish of the Guild of Bricksmiths(tm) Site

With the changes in LEGO(r) Direct blowing in the wind, and with recent (and future) Guild model announcements as a backdrop, The Guild of Bricksmiths(tm) is pleased to announce that we have reorganized, streamlined, and expanded our site. (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade) !

  New groups for new LEGO games/software Alpha Team, Stunt Rally, My Style

(...) Just now also added Alpha Team, Stunt Rally, and My Style. (URL) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.games, lugnet.announce)

  Town Building contest update - ends Feb 15th

Well, here we are with 11 days to go until entries close on Feb 15th! Right now we have 155 entries in total! We could still do with some more Dioramas, boats and ships of all sizes, and microfig scale models. There are NO macro-scale model entries (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.contests)

  "Lego's online dream" -- feature article in UK Guardian Unlimited newspaper

(...) Chloe's article appeared Thursday. Here's a link to the online version: (URL) in the article: Douglas Coupland, Microserfs, Microsoft, Xbox, Harry Potter, LEGOLAND theme parks, Danielle Hainauer, Star Wars, Steven Spielberg, INmotion, Johnson (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.announce) !!

  LCAD/LDraw.org Formal Organization

There's been occasional discussion about formalizing the LEGO-style CAD fan organization. Although an informal organization usually serves us pretty well, there are some things an informal group can not do, such as deal well with keeping a treasury, (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact